+ Reply to Thread
Page 479 of 491 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    hibbert is like 2 years younger than melo but he's entering his prime and melo is declining? lol

melo's game will age beautifully. he doesn't rely on athleticism to get his buckets. he'll be in his mid 30s still scoring 20+ ppg.

amazes me that knicks fans don't want to enjoy this era of winning basketball. let's just blow it up and suck for the next 5 years and hope to get back to where we are now lol. knicks are good enough to win now. you don't think so? that's your opinion. don't act like it's a fact.
    The era of winning basketball thats a sad comment. In a league where more then half the teams make the playoffs 1 season outside the 1st round is a failure

I hate how the Knicks do business they are very poorly run and it starts with ownership. Its not a coincidence they keep getting the worst contract in the sport on the roster. U can dress it up all u want but when u have all that cap space and trade every pick u can until 2017 I expect more then this. If the Knicks had this roster and still had the flexibility in draft picks to make deals I would be fine. They have put together a mediocre roster with no flexibility to get better. They are stuck until next season when they trade Amare for Steve Nash or Rudy Gay with draft picks through 2022 or something ridiculous like that. It will be name inefficient or really old player thats all I know.

Your right I would love to blow it up but I know they cant. Without owning draft picks thats not an option. 2015 reboot is a joke also now. Once u factor in Contracts, cap holds that we have to renounce if we want space ,Shumps extension the Knicks are left with 1 max deal and 9 more roster spots to fill.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-15-2013 at 06:44 PM.

those 2 took us to 6 games? wtf bro did you even watch the series? you can't be serious with this nonsense. they needed overtime to steal a game at home that JR was suspended in. last i checked amare didn't play a single game in the series. but yea it was just pierce and garnett out there by themselves.

can't stand when people post stat lines as if they mean anything either. pierce is done. he's a glorified spot up shooter at this point. if you'd take him and garnett over anyone else on our team you're banking on 2 old dude's staying healthy and not rapidly declining over upside and potential.

take your debbie downing elsewhere. the knicks had 1 legit season together and made it to the 2nd round. i can't stand fans like you. rather than enjoy the season you'll be dreading the eventual loss in the playoffs. weren't you the guy that predicted we'd fall down to the 6/7 seed? yea it was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I hate how the Knicks do business they are very poorly run and it starts with ownership. Its not a coincidence they keep getting the worst contract in the sport on the roster. U can dress it up all u want but when u have all that cap space and trade every pick u can until 2017 I expect more then this. If the Knicks had this roster and still had the flexibility in draft picks to make deals I would be fine. They have put together a mediocre roster with no flexibility to get better. They are stuck until next season when they trade Amare for Steve Nash or Rudy Ray with draft picks through 2022 or something ridiculous like that
    knicks aren't trading anybody. all the contracts line up for a reason.

who are all these other teams that are run better anyways? i've referenced this countless times and you never address it. the league is riddled with teams that have been rebuilding for years and years and have nothing to show for it. the bulls? they have a cheap owner that will never spend the money to put a team around rose. the heat? they got lucky that the superfriends teams up. the pacers? they traded kawai leonard to overpay a scrub george hill. other than the spurs and thunder i don't even know who you're talking about. go down the list of champions over the past 20 years and how many of them had anything to do with what you're talking about?

lakers? they lucked into kobe demanding to only play for them.

who are you talking about? who are these teams that are run so much better? i'm genuinely curious.

the grass always seems greener on the other side.

battered fan syndrome is a very real thing. i'm fortunate in that i never put any emotion into the knicks during the isiah years. i can understand why someone would have your way of thinking after living through that.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-15-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    knicks aren't trading anybody. all the contracts line up for a reason.

who are all these other teams that are run better anyways? i've referenced this countless times and you never address it. the league is riddled with teams that have been rebuilding for years and years and have nothing to show for it. the bulls? they have a cheap owner that will never spend the money to put a team around rose. the heat? they got lucky that the superfriends teams up. the pacers? they traded kawai leonard to overpay a scrub george hill. other than the spurs and thunder i don't even know who you're talking about. go down the list of champions over the past 20 years and how many of them had anything to do with what you're talking about?

lakers? they lucked into kobe demanding to only play for them.

who are you talking about? who are these teams that are run so much better? i'm genuinely curious.

the grass always seems greener on the other side.

battered fan syndrome is a very real thing. i'm fortunate in that i never put any emotion into the knicks during the isiah years. i can understand why someone would have your way of thinking after living through that.
    The Knicks have an advantage over many teams that they are willing to spend above and beyond to build a team . They also have an upper hand on being a place people want to live. Even with those advantages over smaller market teams they cant get it together. There is no reason the Knicks cant have success like the Lakers. The Knicks dont have the same success because they never make the the right choices when the moves are there to be made. Camby and Amare or Camby Nene frontcourt in their prime but no trade for a broken down player Mcydess. Draft Andrew Bynum who was the better prospect no lets take No upside Channing Frye. Let Ewing expire when Webber becomes a FA no trade him for Vin baker/Glen Rice. Trade lottery picks for Eddy Curry that turn out to be Lamarcus Aldridge and Tyson Chandler.let Billups expire , keep the amnesty no sign Chandler and end all flexibility. The Knicks have had their chances but every time its always for the quick fix the easy way. Trade the picks for the established player, take the NBA ready player not the HS phenom, Win now , Win now.

1 positive note Ive been watching some of Toure Murry player from the Knicks Summer League team the guy can play. 6'5" combo guard. Maybe he makes the team as the 3rd PG.

Ian Begley @IanBegley about 6 minutes ago

J.R. Smith had patella tendon surgery & arthroscopy for a tear in the lateral meniscus, of his left knee, at the HSS in NYC, #Knicks say.

J.R. Smith had patella tendon surgery & arthroscopy for a tear in the lateral meniscus, of his left knee, at the HSS in NYC

Recovery time for JR Smith is approximately 12-16 weeks, #Knicks say.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Hmm thats not good shouldlnt miss to much time though. How was JR signing somewhere else with that.I guess since he wasnt under contract he couldnt do it earlier. That will almost force the Knicks to start Brigs up front, good. Cant put Shump at the 3

that's actually good news to me. shows the reason he struggled so much in the playoffs.

tyson was sick, melo had a torn labrum, jr had a torn meniscus and amare hardly played....

but yea... the pacers are so much better. if the knicks are healthy they destroy the pacers.

jr will be back early in the season. jr is a tough dude playing through that. unlike a well known asian pg.

knicks are cursed though i swear... that's 3 years in a row now the knicks were riddled with injuries in the playoffs.

the knicks had a very legit shot last year if everyone was healthy.