+ Reply to Thread
Page 481 of 491 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Looks like JR Smiths knee is actually a degenerative knee issue. I know im a DEBBIE DOWNER but no 1 else finds it amazing that this stuff happens constantly to the Knicks. I dont know whats worse they are stupid enough to give 4 years to a guy with degenerative knees orr they didnt know. JR Smith wasnt getting a long term deal from anyone this season.No wonder why he only wanted to stay in NY.Had he gone anywhere else he gets a physical fails and is damaged goods around the NBA

1 thing I will say positive about the Knicks is these young FA's they brought in look like keepers.I hope they learned from their mistakes and include team option 2nd years if they are signed
    Of course the knicks have had there fair share of issues. You know i have my fair share of complaints. I just really like that Bargs deal alot, and think they gave up next to nothing, in my opinion to get a guy who just 2yrs ago, killed it, and was a 20plus pt scorer. I honestly think the mix of scorers we have, and now gritty guys, especially if we add Kenyon can make for a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thats why i said Dalembert, Kenyon, or Wilcox. I'd prefer Kenyon. Were not done quite yet. The teams rounding out. I'm not as worried about a PG as you are. I'm actually ok with Prig and Felton, with guys like Melo and Hardaway and SHump being able to occasionaly bring the ball up as well.
    It looks like the Knicks are planning that way maybe using Shumpert some and maybe Toure Murry another combo guard as well. The Knicks seem to be against getting a quicker more penetrative guard that can defend. I think it would be a good idea to have a guy like that for match ups use Prigs and whoever that is interchangeably as the back up PG depending on the team we play.

I was thinking maybe Grunwald wants the Knicks to stop playing small ball and is forcing Woodson to play bigger lineups. With only Felton and Prigs he is has no choice but to use Shump more at the 2 where he belongs. Also playing Shump at the 2 and allowing him more time with the ball in his hands is probably a good thing for his offensive development. Got to see how good he can be with the possibility of a long term deal coming soon.
    The Knicks best chances of competing are huge strides from Shumpert and Bargs. If the Knicks could get 15 points 6 boards 5 assists and elite 2 guard defense this team is suddenly a lot better.
    Bargs has to rebound the basketball better. There is no excuse for a 7'0 255 pound player with his movement skills to be so poor. This is all effort. Bargs has the ability to be a Middle class mans "Better then Poor Man " Dirk Nowitzki. If Bargs can give the Knicks 18 and 8 and play passable defense then they might have something

A huge obstacle is how are these rotations going to work. I cant wait to see how Woodson does the Starting lineups. We better hope these guys are locked and loaded for training camp to see how these pieces fit.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Of course the knicks have had there fair share of issues. You know i have my fair share of complaints. I just really like that Bargs deal alot, and think they gave up next to nothing, in my opinion to get a guy who just 2yrs ago, killed it, and was a 20plus pt scorer. I honestly think the mix of scorers we have, and now gritty guys, especially if we add Kenyon can make for a fun season.
    yes he scored points but the problem is he gave up more then he scored. If u score 20 but the guy u defend has 25 thats not good.
    I dont mind Bargs the player.He is very skilled. In a Vacuum taking a chance on him is a good idea. I think they overpaid a draft pick. U can say its not a big deal all u want but its this mentality thats the problem. These little things add up and could be the difference in getting the 1 player that puts the Knicks over the top. Its bad business to keep going 1 year to long,1 pick to much, 1 million more then needed. Wasnt it nice to buy low on Raymond Felton dont u think the Knicks would be better if they made more moves like that. I was against parting with the picks because I feel next offseason with Chandlers expiring deal we can get a very good player back. We got a very skilled player back but he has to put in the effort.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.

bargs is a solid 1 on 1 defender... what are you basing "he gave up more than he scored" on? please don't cite team defensive numbers or per 100 possessions. can't stand when people throw around advanced statistics as if they're not completely dependent on the team as a whole.

i'm surprised you're not whining about using the rest of the mmle on artest lol .... unless you didn't know yet...

@ NYC - i highly doubt we're getting dally for the min. hopefully kmart swallows his pride and takes the min as he is a big need at this point. then add another big whether it be tyler or jennings from the summer league team.

i view this as a great offseason. the knicks lost nothing of substance other than cope, yet added 2 legit contributors in bargs and artest.

as for complaining about the 4 year deal of JR. it was all about loyalty. he played for peanuts the past 2 years and dolan is repaying him for that. a league average deal for JR is still a bargain no matter how you look at it. plus he is likely to opt out of the last year. players prefer long term security, this offseason is filled with examples.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    bargs is a solid 1 on 1 defender... what are you basing "he gave up more than he scored" on? please don't cite team defensive numbers or per 100 possessions. can't stand when people throw around advanced statistics as if they're not completely dependent on the team as a whole.

i'm surprised you're not whining about using the rest of the mmle on artest lol .... unless you didn't know yet...

@ NYC - i highly doubt we're getting dally for the min. hopefully kmart swallows his pride and takes the min as he is a big need at this point. then add another big whether it be tyler or jennings from the summer league team.

i view this as a great offseason. the knicks lost nothing of substance other than cope, yet added 2 legit contributors in bargs and artest.

as for complaining about the 4 year deal of JR. it was all about loyalty. he played for peanuts the past 2 years and dolan is repaying him for that. a league average deal for JR is still a bargain no matter how you look at it. plus he is likely to opt out of the last year. players prefer long term security, this offseason is filled with examples.
    Don't forget adding Tim Hardaway Jr at pick 24 was a nice sound draft pick.

I agree about Dalembert, but wierder things have happened. I think this season will come down to 2players for us. Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudamire. If those 2 can bounce back and Chandler can become a more effective defensive player then he was this past season, and Amare can be at least half the explosive player hes been in the past, we really got a deep scoring team.

We couldent score in the postseason last yr, and now added Artest, Bargs, and Hardaway Jr, and only lost Copeland. Thats improved scoring, while also adding grit and potential big score(in bargs). I think the knicks have had a very nice offseason so far.

Also, we have no idea if Cope will continue to be effective or if he just shot above where he ever will again. A typical knicks move would of been bringing him back on multi yr deal and then he ends up like Mikki Moore or Jerome James, and stinks..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    yes he scored points but the problem is he gave up more then he scored. If u score 20 but the guy u defend has 25 thats not good.
    I dont mind Bargs the player.He is very skilled. In a Vacuum taking a chance on him is a good idea. I think they overpaid a draft pick. U can say its not a big deal all u want but its this mentality thats the problem. These little things add up and could be the difference in getting the 1 player that puts the Knicks over the top. Its bad business to keep going 1 year to long,1 pick to much, 1 million more then needed. Wasnt it nice to buy low on Raymond Felton dont u think the Knicks would be better if they made more moves like that. I was against parting with the picks because I feel next offseason with Chandlers expiring deal we can get a very good player back. We got a very skilled player back but he has to put in the effort.
    I doubt he gave up 25pts to the centers in this league. The centers have been watered down for some time, and alot of the good ones aren't even scorers. We were wretched scoring in the postseason, and clearly needed another scorer to take the load off JR SMith and Melo, which we now have done. Theres some risk in this group, but alot of potential as well. I mean,w e got Amare Stoudamire, JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Andrea Bargniani, and a ton of 2ndary scorers in Shump, Felton, Hardaway Jr, and Artest.

The knicks should avg over 100pts a game, and have added some attitude and grit as well with Artest.

Bucks waive F/C Drew Gooden using the amnesty clause.
    Like most amnesty waives, this one's not too surprising. Gooden's nearing the end of his career and while he's likely still capable of being a solid contributor to an NBA team, his fantasy value is nonexistent. Larry Sanders and John Henson will handle most of the big-man minutes for the Bucks this season and both will be popular fantasy picks. Sanders had his breakout season last year, while Henson's should be right around the corner.
    Related: Larry Sanders, John Henson
    Source: Bucks on Twitter Jul 16 - 7:38 PM
    Drew Gooden anyone? I think this would be a solid pickup..

i'm sure this news will make some of the naysayers a little less depressed....

JR's contract is in fact a 3 year deal with the 3rd year being a player option.

another contract that lines up beautifully with the 2015 reboot (if felton and jr opt out, which i they will i think)

even if the the knicks extend melo after this year, he'll be the only contract on the books other than the rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Drew Gooden anyone? I think this would be a solid pickup..
    This would be freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i'm sure this news will make some of the naysayers a little less depressed....

JR's contract is in fact a 3 year deal with the 3rd year being a player option.

another contract that lines up beautifully with the 2015 reboot (if felton and jr opt out, which i they will i think)

even if the the knicks extend melo after this year, he'll be the only contract on the books other than the rookies.
    Exactly what i've been saying. Not to mention, they have a couple nice young pieces in Shump and Hardaway Jr as well to do something with or add to.

+ Reply to Thread