+ Reply to Thread
Page 485 of 491 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i think the knicks might sign murray from the summer league team for the 3rd pg spot. he's a solid defender with great size for the position. i'd prefer a defender like him over a guy like bobby brown that is strictly a scorer.
    I was impressed with Murray. He can play. Not sure if he is a PG in the NBA though. He is more of a combo guard. If he can stay in front of NBA quickest guards then id say sign him. Its 1 of the bigger holes I see on the team.Knicks are going to have a lot of trouble signing a vet PG with Pablo on the roster
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-20-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Leslie is a very lazy player its why a player of his physical ceiling goes undrafted.Its all over his college games, ,because of his length he doesnt put any real effort on defense . If Hardaway had Leslies length he would be a great defender because he works. His physical size just isnt very good. On offense Leslie does a lot of standing around. He doesnt have a high basketball IQ either.
    Dont take it from me though if u disagree watch his Full Games on Youtube you will see it. Rarely do the negatives on Scouting reports show up so easily like they do with him.
    I still love the signing and think it was a great move. U dont get players with this type of moldable ability as a FA very often. Knicks must of done a great job being able to beat out the other teams who im sure were wiling to risk nothing to have him

Look at this from an AAU Basketball board

Leslie is a cancer and will wreck your program. He has already changed AAU teams 4x's this year and was supposed to be going to Word of God. I watched him play this past year during the Holly Springs season and at the Carolina Challenge. He is a good talent, but extremely lazy. He is a bad seed and just the type of player Sidney would want hanging out with his son. Good luck!

CJ and his family are all about the money!!! That's why they keep changing AAU teams. Cj has a long way to go and has no desire to improve his game; lazy is just the tip of the problem for CJ. To bad his parents are looking for a free ride. CJ and fam just got D-One... Who will The "Leslie's" get next?????? Watch out

NBADraft.net Most of his problems stem from a lack of focus and motivation on the court Questionable motor on both ends of the floor Scouts have major reservations about his basketball IQ / attitude / negative body language ..

He might be better off in the D league then on the Knicks roster.. That kid needs to have his dream put in jeopardy maybe he will work harder.
    You don't think going undrafted with his potential and having to fight for a camp invite is career jeopardy? Uhh, ok..lol

The bottom line is no matter what you read about CJ Leslie, hes only a kid, and a talented one, and one you don't normally find on the Undrafted market. Obviously worth the gamble. Obviously he has serious red flags(laziness), hence why he went undrafted to begin with.

Did anyone think we were getting Lebron James as a undrafted free agent or something??lol The kids just a talented player that hopefully gets it now, or soon enough.

i hope we can keep kmart... the idea of a bench frontcourt of artest, kmart and stat is very appealing.

ray / shump / melo / bargs / tyson

pablo / jr / artest / kmart / stat

that is a very deep, talented team right there. then you add in the rookies hardaway and leslie... maybe sign tyler as an insurance big... i'd be ready to go to war with this squad against anybody.

highlights from tyler's last game in summer league. i think he's worth signing to a 2 year deal (team option for 2nd year)

not sure if he would accept a deal like that though... we'll see what happens. as of now he has a camp invite, which is just an non guaranteed contract i think.

http://youtu.be/J1uUnMy3weM

Tyler got game.. He'll make the team

i hope we can keep kmart... the idea of a bench frontcourt of artest, kmart and stat is very appealing.

ray / shump / melo / bargs / tyson

pablo / jr / artest / kmart / stat

that is a very deep, talented team right there. then you add in the rookies hardaway and leslie... maybe sign tyler as an insurance big... i'd be ready to go to war with this squad against anybody.
    I don't think this team will have a tough time scoring in the postseason. I really don't. To many guys that can have big games on any given night to stop em all.. Adding Bargs, Artest, and hardaway is about as good a offseason as i could of anticipated. Also, bringing back Prig and JR Smith as well.

NYC, you have any opinion on tyler? i think he'd be a solid insurance big. maybe have him down in the d-league to continue developing and call him up if someone gets hurt. i hope we can bring back kmart but if not sign a guy like ivan johnson.

NYC, you have any opinion on tyler? i think he'd be a solid insurance big. maybe have him down in the d-league to continue developing and call him up if someone gets hurt. i hope we can bring back kmart but if not sign a guy like ivan johnson.
    I remember hering about his upside when he came out, but haven't watched a ton of summer league action, unfortunetly, which i normally would do. So, i haven't got to follow him as close as i'd like. I've been reading ur stuff about him, to be honest.

I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see Timmy Hardaway in the blue and orange!

highlights from tyler's last game in summer league. i think he's worth signing to a 2 year deal (team option for 2nd year)

not sure if he would accept a deal like that though... we'll see what happens. as of now he has a camp invite, which is just an non guaranteed contract i think.

http://youtu.be/J1uUnMy3weM
    U guys know Tyler was a crazy HS prospect, some people thought he would go number 1.He reminds me some of Andre Drummond,.Im all for the knicks using the remaining Roster spots on young players.Hopefully 1 or 2 turn into legitimate rotation players. Im downloading the Clip game, going to do a cut up of Tyler. I really hope the Knicks make it a priority to include 2nd year team options. I really dont want to have these guys blow up then lose them next season.

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-21-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I remember hering about his upside when he came out, but haven't watched a ton of summer league action, unfortunetly, which i normally would do. So, i haven't got to follow him as close as i'd like. I've been reading ur stuff about him, to be honest.

I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see Timmy Hardaway in the blue and orange!
    Im pretty sure u can watch full summer league rewinds on NBA.net. Im going to do some cuts. Probably 1 of each guy.

Jeremy Tyler - this was the combine. Tyler's 7'5 wingspan was the longest of anyone in the group. However he weighed the heaviest of anyone in the group at 262.4lbs, and had the second highest body fat at 13.4%. Granted Tyler has been back since the earthquake happened, but apparently he wasn't eating exclusively sushi while in Japan. 9' 2" Standing Reach

Jeremy Tyler, a 6-foot-11 high school junior whom some consider the best American big man since Greg Oden, says he will be taking a new path to the N.B.A. He has left San Diego High School and said this week that he would skip his senior year to play professionally in Japan.
    Tyler, 17, would become the first United States-born player to leave high school early to play professionally overseas. He is expected to return in two years, when he is projected to be a top pick, if not the No. 1 pick, in the 2011 N.B.A. draft.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-21-2013 at 01:08 PM.