+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 491 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Yep, a 3rd PG and a back-up center and that pretty much settles the roster. The only question after that is if the team is good enough to contend. It'll come down to a few things:

1. Consistent team defense: With their scoring they don't have to be the best defensive team, but if they can be a top 10 defensive team then that'll propel them.

2. Amare making a difference: Don't care what anyone says, Amare was supposed to be one of our "big two", and they need him to be a very good player again in order to contend. Can't win it all with Melo as the only elite player on the team.

3. Bargnani blending in well offensively and not being a defensive liability: You just don't know how he'll fit until they get on the court. Will be complement Melo like Copeland did but in an upgraded way? They need that to be a yes.

4. Chandler returns to DPOY form: He's the defensive foundation, if he crumbles again so does the house of cards.

5. Felton & Prigioni combine for 12 AST/game: Lots of scorers and these guys need to put them in position to get easy buckets.

6. Shumpert takes the next step: Need another star on the team, and he's the only candidate to step forward.

7. JR Smith builds for last season: Year 1 he showed promise, Year 2 he took a big step forward, year 3 he needs to put it all together for the season and playoffs.
    I actually like Tyler as a back up big.. Dude got skills, needs to be coached up some

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I actually like Tyler as a back up big.. Dude got skills, needs to be coached up some
    Yeah, he has good physical tools, but I don't think he's ready for an NBA season, he looks like he needs a stint in the D-league..
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Bench Player
    I think he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    solid offseason.. this team is deep, maybe add another PG
    Toure Murry?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Toure Murry?
    or Bobby Brown (not the guy from New Edition)

Yo Knicks fans! We open the season against the Bucks.

Full schedule comes out tomorrow I believe.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

i hope the knicks are able to get beno udrih as the 3rd pg. every time i remember seeing him play his mid range jumper (off the dribble) is automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yo Knicks fans! We open the season against the Bucks.Full schedule comes out tomorrow I believe.
    wow Bucks huh. That's a 1-0 Start!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I was just on CBS sports and was looking through their offseason reports, when I stumbled across their report from LAST offseason (2012). Much of which was geared towards the Knicks losing Jeremy Lin in FA due to the "poison pill" that Houston put in.

Sooo, since it's pretty much gonna be quiet from now until the start of the season and I thought it would be cool to fill the time by looking back on the Jeremy Lin free agency one year later.

Some knicks fans thought we were giving away a unique talent that was going to be a mega-star, some thought we was a flash in the pan player who was quickly figured out by the league and was very limited (i.e. can't create going left), some thought we would be somewhere in between.

So, what do you guys think? One year later, were the knicks right in letting Lin go? Do you think he could still grow further as a player?
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    wow Bucks huh. That's a 1-0 Start!!!
    Haha yup!

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread