+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 491 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491 LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    knicks to sign beno udrih to a 1 year vet min deal!

this offseason just keeps getting better!

now we just need to sign ivan "the goon" johnson and we'll be set.

felton / udrih / pablo
    shump / JR / hardaway
    melo / artest / leslie
    bargs / kmart / ivan (not signed)
    chandler / stat / tyler

GOONS ON DECK.
    Cant believe he signed they shouldnt of been able to sign him

The 1 downside i see is Mike Woodson having a 3rd PG thats really a back up PG may increase the odds the Knicks continue to play small. The only way the Knicks have a shot is if Bargs becomes the 2nd best player on the team and he wont get there stuck to the bench.
    Im worried he will now start Felton Prigs Shumpert Melo Chandler

Is anyone else shocked at the quality of players we signed/resigned with all of our cap casulties?
    I thought we had something special!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2448/beno-udrih

I still want physical big men for the Paint...specifically Bench players given Artest, KMart and Tyson (if he is healthy)

Indiana, Chicago figured out the blueprint to Squire James and his cronies

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

BENO..!!!

Holy Shoot! We signed Beno Udrich? I didn't even know that? Stoked! Deep mother fudging team!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Holy Shoot! We signed Beno Udrich? I didn't even know that? Stoked! Deep mother fudging team!
    yea man.. love this signing, my favorite so far.. 6'3 lefty PG.. can play some SG too

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Is anyone else shocked at the quality of players we signed/resigned with all of our cap casulties?
    They did well for the money on Artest and Udrich. Udrich is a mediocre back up PG and the Knicks got him for 3rd PG price.In reality he was probably worth 2.5 Million a year somewhere else. I wonder what the Knicks said in terms of playing time.I thought once Prigs was signed the chances of inking a capable back up was Nil more so because of that. I still wish the Knicks would of signed 1 back up PG that had some speed and could do some different things. I would of went a different way with the LLE. i still think Artest signs here for the vet min. The Knicks would of ended up with Brand or maybe even Dalembert and say DJ Augustine instead of just Prigs.My point with Prigs is he is the same level of player of Udrich, Delonte West, Augustine so why use part of the LLE on him right away instead of seeing if u can find a starting caliber player for 3 million.

Artest signing is a good 1. I just want Bargs to get 30 minutes and Artest being on the roster means more opportunity to Small Ball it. Bargs needs to be on the floor . We took a gamble on him and he being a great player is a must for the Knicks to be real contenders.

1 other thing that still bothers me. Why the Hell did we cut Corey Brewer. Guy is a legitimate rotation player wing defender that we could of absolutely used and we gave him away for nothing.Sorry but that just pisses me off. Most teams get draft picks for players like that. We just cut them for nothing. If youre wondering why I brought him up I was looking at the NBA FA's and he signed a 3 year 15 million dollar deal

I was looking in to Bargs and came across an article on his improved defensive ability. We all know the guy has been a terrible rebounder for his career but he isnt as bad as a defender that he is made out to be in fact according to these numbers he is a very good Man to man and post defender.
    According to Synergy Sports Bargs actually ranked in the 88th Percentile in Post Defense and 95th percentile in overall Man to man defense.The weakness in Bargs defense comes as a help defender and a long standing knock on his game about him rotating properly. I am however very encouraged by these numbers. If he can just give us 7-8 boards with this defense he could end up being the 2nd star the team needs him to be. I see great scoring potential in this lineup

C Bargs I think Udrich is the best PG on the roster for pick and roll

PF Melo

SF Artest or Shumpert

SG Smith

Pg Udrich

I think we are going to see a major trade for the Knicks at some point. i think Shumpert will be moved. I see a minutes crunch and if the Knicks want cap room in 2015 he may not be resigned.

Chandler

Bargs

Melo

Shump

Artest

Felton

Smith

Thats 7 guys that are good enough to finish games.Not even counting Amare. Its going to cause problems. Woodson is going to have a very tough time finding minutes and keeping players happy. The good news is we needed and can cut Chandlers minutes back to 27 or 28. Get Melo down as well no reason to tax him so much in the regular season
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.

brewer was cut because dantoni is a turd and walsh is a bad gm. it was more a favor to him and his agent than anything else because dantoni wasn't gonna play him. he preferred to give minutes to billy 'sky" walker lol

i agree with a lot of the stuff you said tho redeye, especially the concern about sticking with small ball. i would prefer to start bargs but i wouldn't but that upset if we started a small lineup, as long as we didn't stay small for most of the game.

we could start small with the 2 pg lineup, but bring in JR and bargs/stat early in the game. woodson has tons of options. i was playing around with the rosters/rotations in NBA 2K and it's literally hard to find minutes for everyone because the team is so stacked.

Anyone pissed off how the Pacers "stole" Chris Copeland from us? Dude was young and to me showed a lot of potential.

Personally I rather we had some Bigs to clog up lanes and crash the boards, but it seems like small ball is the persona Woody's going for.

PS
    moving Shump would just about kill me !
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 08-10-2013 at 08:58 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Anyone pissed off how the Pacers "stole" Chris Copeland from us? Dude was young and to me showed a lot of potential.

Personally I rather we had some Bigs to clog up lanes and crash the boards, but it seems like small ball is the persona Woody's going for.

PS
    moving Shump would just about kill me !
    meh cope is a good scorer but bad at everything else. also he was never on the scouting report so he caught a lot of teams by surprise. we'll find out this year if he's legit or not.