+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    They bring up a good point, that we got the toughest schedule in the NBA going forward.. Guess they didn't learn much from losing at home to the raptors in there last game...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol
    I've seen this coming, but not to this level.. Avg defensivley, poor balanced on offense, no leadership..etc But theres college teams that would of been more competitive tehn this..

I do expect alittle run after this, or these guys are even more pathetic then i thought.. U come back after AS break and losing to Raptors like this? They better show some pride and at least tease us again with a bit of a run after this... Then again,19 of last 32 games are against teams in postseason right now, so thats not good...

refs lost control of the game awhile ago. i'm surprised it took this long to throw someone out.

Jr Smith is a dink face! My god! At least we got a couple months of good consistent play outta him.. He was pretty mediocre when he came over last yr, and has been mediocre for a good long time this yr now as well...

Wow, this is the most embaressing loss i can remember, including the marbury, crawford, francis, lead teams...

Losers! All of em!

the entire dynamic of this team has changed for the worse. we started the year with the concept of running the offense through melo surrounded by shooters with a bit of felton pick n roll. now those shooters can't make a shot, felton has reverted back to being below average at best and even melo is missing tons of shots he was making before. it's not simply about effort. i wish it was because then i wouldn't be worried. our guards suck and our frontline can't protect the rim or rebound. same issues we had last year.

maybe we'll make a trade to hopefully wake the team up. we need backcourt help big time. felton/kidd/jr/shump/brewer is not gonna get it done. i was completely against the idea of trading shump but at this point i wouldn't be too upset if we got a good return for him.

We need people who can shoot..and who can shoot well/consistently.

Jason Kidd is done, he's been in a shooting slump the past 2 months. I don't expect anything out of him. I like J.R. Smith but OH MY GOD HE IS SO INCONSISTENT IT'S INCREDIBLE. If there was a "streakiest player of the year" award, he would definitely win. He went from shooting game winners, to averaging what..no more than 10 points? Incredible.

Amare..wtf happened? I remember he was almost perfect in the paint (I forgot who it was against) and now he's getting into foul trouble/ can't play defense.

Tyson Chandler is just soft. Novak has been struggling, Melo feels the need to jack up shots at any opportunity since nobody else can get a decent freaking shot.

We play absoutely NO defense. I don't care who is injured or who is coming back from injury. Teams who aren't even good at shooting 3's are making them..most of them are non contested shots. Rebounds? Ha..just incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    the entire dynamic of this team has changed for the worse. we started the year with the concept of running the offense through melo surrounded by shooters with a bit of felton pick n roll. now those shooters can't make a shot, felton has reverted back to being below average at best and even melo is missing tons of shots he was making before. it's not simply about effort. i wish it was because then i wouldn't be worried. our guards suck and our frontline can't protect the rim or rebound. same issues we had last year.

maybe we'll make a trade to hopefully wake the team up. we need backcourt help big time. felton/kidd/jr/shump/brewer is not gonna get it done. i was completely against the idea of trading shump but at this point i wouldn't be too upset if we got a good return for him.
    I agree, it isn't all about effort.. I've said the same things about these guys reverting for awhile now, as it isn't something that just started and the entire reason i have been worried to begin with.. But effort and desire is a huge aspect of this teams struggles as well.. I mean, Clyde and Breen were calling the game a layup line for the pacers and saying they have never seen so many dunks before, and they gave up 4 offensive rebounds off missed FT's .. They weren't even getting back after they made shots, which is directly lead to effort..

I just said a page or 2 ago, that it wasen't just the defense but the offense as well... Pretty much everything u said, i said as well, so obviously i agree.. Its a combonation of effort, and guys playing lazy and plain old badly... Clyde and Breen were also talking about ball movment which was a huge thing i've noticed as well.. They were saying at the end of the game there was more ball movement with the back end of the bench subs then theres been with the starters in some time.. Theres really no aspect this team is playing well..

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We need people who can shoot..and who can shoot well/consistently.

Jason Kidd is done, he's been in a shooting slump the past 2 months. I don't expect anything out of him. I like J.R. Smith but OH MY GOD HE IS SO INCONSISTENT IT'S INCREDIBLE. If there was a "streakiest player of the year" award, he would definitely win. He went from shooting game winners, to averaging what..no more than 10 points? Incredible.

Amare..wtf happened? I remember he was almost perfect in the paint (I forgot who it was against) and now he's getting into foul trouble/ can't play defense.

Tyson Chandler is just soft. Novak has been struggling, Melo feels the need to jack up shots at any opportunity since nobody else can get a decent freaking shot.

We play absoutely NO defense. I don't care who is injured or who is coming back from injury. Teams who aren't even good at shooting 3's are making them..most of them are non contested shots. Rebounds? Ha..just incredible.
    As far as AMARE, the same thing goes into effect that i said about Melo.. I just don't believe a Melo lead team can win a championship , unless he had a Lebron or Wade on the team as well, to act as the lead by example star of the team, and just like Melo wasen't gonna give a full yr of defense, Amare quickly got bored of hustling and playing hard and smart..It was only a matter of time before Amare started reverting back to same old , same old.. He simply can't hold intensity for any amount of time during a aseason anymore.. There not the 2 u really want leading ur club.. Thats my opinion of course...