+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    A 20 foot turn around off balance shot with 8 seconds left
    does he go for shock value or something? I mean, why in the world would u not try and get a easier shot then that? U have to be a complete moron to settle for that shot... Only JR Smith can go for 33 or whatever, and still have fans annoyed at em.. I love watching him score, but overall, he hurts u either way, as he either misses all the time, or when hes on, he takes 10-12 ridiculous shots that he misses because hes making some... U can't waste possesions in the NBA... I am so frustrated they didn't give chandler at least a few more attempts at lobs as i watcdhed him closely, and he got open time and time again, but our guards were to slow to notice and missed a ton of easy chances...

All-Pro
    Funny part is he treated this last shot like he did the other two game winners he took in last second. Difference on those two were we were tied at the time and at worst we would be headed for OT. In this case down 1 you have to attack the rim quick and try and draw a foul and if not you maybe have time for a second shot or put back. Last thing you want to so is stand there 7 seconds left acting like you are ahead or tied killing the clock and taking a desperation fall away at the buzzer. That's helping OKC. Could it be he lost track of the moment and thought it was tied.. Or he was so sure he would hit the shot at buzzer and wanted to be the hero he took it with a second so no one could steal his thunder
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[QUOTE=miked1958;700629]Funny part is he treated this last shot like he did the other two game winners he took in last second. Difference on those two were we were tied at the time and at worst we would be headed for OT. In this case down 1 you have to attack the rim quick and try and draw a foul and if not you maybe have time for a second shot or put back. Last thing you want to so is stand there 7 seconds left acting like you are ahead or tied killing the clock and taking a desperation fall away at the buzzer. That's helping OKC. Could it be he lost track of the moment and thought it was tied.. Or he was so sure he would hit the shot at buzzer and wanted to be the hero he took it with a second so no one could steal his thunder[/QUOTE Its on Woodson really. What I dont get if your going to go iso like that why isnt Chandler on the floor. U have no rebounders in the game in case he misses. I knew they were going to call that for Smith but that doesnt make it right. Thats a terrible job by Mike Woodson. Overall he coached a poor game last night. The small lineup in the 4th quarter drove me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You have him blocked?
    I block Skip Bayless on Twitter. I cant stand the guy. Maybe because I follow JR Smith it got through.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    thats what I was thinking. Drive to the hoop hard and try and make then commit a foul. Get to the line and win it or at least tie
    Yeah, I was even saying that going into the timeout that this play needs to be centered around Amare either getting the ball in the post or on the pick and roll with JR. Maybe it was supposed to be something like that and OKC just blew it up with how well they defended the inbound pass, but has JR Iso'd on the far wing wasn't the best option to win the game.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

amare out 6 weeks. unbelievable.

^^ yup, sucks.. should be back for the playoffs

Knicks playing good tonight with no amare or melo! They got a deep team when there playing team ball and sharing and getting guys involved...

Novak looks great finally!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Knicks playing good tonight with no amare or melo! They got a deep team when there playing team ball and sharing and getting guys involved...Novak looks great finally!
    J*** sucks though. Still, a W is a W.

MUCH better.

call Novak the dentist.. cause he's drilling them..!

+ Reply to Thread