+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong

What he did was wrong an Against the Rules and should lose his Titles and endorsements according to the laws he was to abide by.However, how many guys that finished behind him in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place and so on we're also juiced up? I'd say you could prob go 20 or so deep on the list and find they all were doing some type of performance enhancing drugs. Some of it has been proven. So when it's looked at like that then Lance really didn't have such an unfair advantage as originally thought. At some point with this in most sports they may have to just legalize it to some degree and let the players decide weather they what to do this to their bodies or not... I don't know what the solution is but the current way is not working
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The media and public consensus doesn't accept the "everyone else was doing it too" excuse. He's the one that won a record 7 Tour de France titles. Bonds was the one that hit a record 73 HRs in a single season. That's where the Bullseye lies, not the athletes that cheated and still couldn't make a name for themselves.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 10-18-2012 at 07:01 PM.

True. But something needs to be done

4-New York Giants!!!!!

What I mean is the current system doesn't work

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    What I mean is the current system doesn't work
    Maybe send them to entertainment wrestling where that kind of stuff is more acceptable? Can't blame a professional sport for trying to maintain it's integrity. True, it's the athletes themselves that will experience the after-effects through age and time. But then again, the sport may have to think about lawsuits in this day and age as well. Who knows?

if people think baseball was poluted by performance enhancing drugs, just look at cycling ... every team basically had a blood doped cyclist that was competing for the GC (general classification/overall winner) and the rest of the team, who may or may not have been doping would simply be there to help that rider try to win

and just like baseball , the sport itself is to blame

if im a hitter in baseball supporting my family and i come up to the plate vs. Roger Clemens, who curiously looks like he added 20 pounds of muscle in one year and he blows a fastball by me

and then my buddy whispers to me ... he's using 'roids ... and my coach comes up to me and whispers that i might be going to the minors if i dont start hitting

wouldnt i be tempted to level the playing the field ???

or would i just go to the minors and have my hot wife rolling baseballs back and forth the A-Rod??

at the end of the day,, cheating is cheating, but i do think it's important to understand the whole dynamic behind it

and to blame the sports that allowed these things to happen ... Baseball knew McGuire and Sosa were using, but that homerun chase thrilled the nation

cycling knew guys were cheating, but Lance brought in American money to the sport, so they looked the other way
    Apologize to Melo 5

What's amazing in these situations of PED usage is that these guys tell other people or let other people in on their secret which ends up biting them in the end. I am not condoning drug use or PED use but it still amazes me.

What is interesting about the Lance Armstrong thing is that he has been tested how many times and has he ever come out positive? I know athletes usually have a direct line to a pharmaceutical company or the like and probably get the newer, better hidden stuff, but you would've thought maybe there would've been a trace of something or more testosterone than an athlete of his age group.

GMan-67 said:

"and to blame the sports that allowed these things to happen ... Baseball knew McGuire and Sosa were using, but that homerun chase thrilled the nation"

I agree that baseball knew about this. Baseball had just gotten back from a nasty strike that was not getting media or fan support. The homerun chase brought alot of people back to the sport. It wasn't until later that baseball became all righteous and poo pooed PED's.

I remember when alot of media types were making fun of Canseco about the possibility of him revealing roid use through his book. He sure flipped baseball over and the chain reaction has gone on to other sports.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 10-20-2012 at 06:21 AM.

the guy had cancer, if anything he was at a disadvantage from the get go... n should be allowed banned substances.... to even the playing field.

Cheating is cheating. Sad and pathetic.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by wrek537emc View Post
    the guy had cancer, if anything he was at a disadvantage from the get go... n should be allowed banned substances.... to even the playing field.
    Unless whatever he was taking caused the cancer...

I doubt he was just blood doping.

+ Reply to Thread