+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Strategy vs Skins offense

Dont leave Osi in on running downs, not a big fan of how he handles option and wildcat. More often then not he doesnt force play inside or completely gets caught looking funny out there.
    I am not going to be too hard on him but on run downs he should be replaced by Kiwi.
    Also I bet the Skins are devising a plan to attack him as we speak and I would then take that strategy away from them by putting Kiwi there.

Our Dline which is starting play better will be even more improved once Canty comes in and bernard who was playing good. Now if we can get push from middle and our DE's hold fort we will neutralize skins.

Remember we had good game plan for Newton even thou he isnt as fast as RG3 but a few big 8 yarders or so came at Osi.

just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Dont leave Osi in on running downs, not a big fan of how he handles option and wildcat. More often then not he doesnt force play inside or completely gets caught looking funny out there.
    I am not going to be too hard on him but on run downs he should be replaced by Kiwi.
    Also I bet the Skins are devising a plan to attack him as we speak and I would then take that strategy away from them by putting Kiwi there.

Our Dline which is starting play better will be even more improved once Canty comes in and bernard who was playing good. Now if we can get push from middle and our DE's hold fort we will neutralize skins.

Remember we had good game plan for Newton even thou he isnt as fast as RG3 but a few big 8 yarders or so came at Osi.

just saying.
    The Skins like to run right up the gut too. Look at their high;lights with Morris. Tuck points this out as well.
    Like anything else the will take what the D gives. Fewell will try to confuse RG with multiple looks and hopefully some good stunts to get pressure on him. Expect some run blitzes up the middle with Chase, etc.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

noticed they had Blackburn lining up on the front 4 too as a DT vs the Niners
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

one thing our D HAS to do, when RG3 tries that option BS, hit him. I believe that when the QB threatens the ability to run, he can be treated as a RB. RG3 reading the DE to decide if he's gonna run is threatening with the ability to run, so even if he hands it off, I believe (could be wrong, wont be the 1rst) you can hit him.

and when RG3 DOES run, i'd concede a 15 yd roughing penalty to get a serious hit on him early. let him know we're playing football. if he wants to start sprinting around like its track, remind him what it is the NYG do and hit him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    one thing our D HAS to do, when RG3 tries that option BS, hit him. I believe that when the QB threatens the ability to run, he can be treated as a RB. RG3 reading the DE to decide if he's gonna run is threatening with the ability to run, so even if he hands it off, I believe (could be wrong, wont be the 1rst) you can hit him.

and when RG3 DOES run, i'd concede a 15 yd roughing penalty to get a serious hit on him early. let him know we're playing football. if he wants to start sprinting around like its track, remind him what it is the NYG do and hit him hard.
    beyond that 76 yarder last week most of his runs arent too long. I thkn 19 longest and couple of 15s and 12s.
    As you say hit him.....thats why I htink the run blitz mat be a good option especially from several looks and odd alignments.

Osi did what he is supposed to do on all but one option play. He is not supposed to contain it. His job is to be responsible for the QB