+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,093

    Giants need alot more Kiwi, and lot less Osi at DE this Sunday

    It's no surprise to me that the Giants defense rebounded with Kiwi playing alot of snaps at DE.

    I really hope we see less Osi and more Kiwi on the defensive line...... Osi is flat out terrible in contain, and that's what they are going to need. RG3 will kill the Giants if they jump out of their gaps, and Osi has been awful this season in that regard.

    Kiwi can push the pocket, play the run, and he's got those crazy long arms just like JPP...... I'd like to see him and JPP at DE.

    It would also be huge if Canty can play this week....I know he's practicing now.

    I think this is going to be a very tough game.....it could come down to few huge plays, and if so, I think Kiwi is better suited to prevent them when the Redskins have the ball and are looking to run.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  2. #2
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,563
    Osi played fine against cam newton, and against kapernick.

  3. #3
    you mean a lot less tuck?

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    you mean a lot less tuck?
    Tuck actually got very good grades from PFF
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  5. #5
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102,273
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    It's no surprise to me that the Giants defense rebounded with Kiwi playing alot of snaps at DE.

    I really hope we see less Osi and more Kiwi on the defensive line...... Osi is flat out terrible in contain, and that's what they are going to need. RG3 will kill the Giants if they jump out of their gaps, and Osi has been awful this season in that regard.

    Kiwi can push the pocket, play the run, and he's got those crazy long arms just like JPP...... I'd like to see him and JPP at DE.

    It would also be huge if Canty can play this week....I know he's practicing now.

    I think this is going to be a very tough game.....it could come down to few huge plays, and if so, I think Kiwi is better suited to prevent them when the Redskins have the ball and are looking to run.
    I think with Osi it's situational and it really has always been that way. Losing Canty, and perhaps Bernard to a lesser extent , was more of a blow than I think we realized starting the season. Austin and Kuhn have been plugged in and I don't have any serious complaints about either but it did significantly alter the available talent on the D Line.

    Kiwanuka is great in run defense at both the LB and DL positions. Now we have other LBs who can maintain that group's presence on the field so we may see Kiwanuka with his hand in ten dirt a lot more often.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  6. #6
    Ya'll must be crazy. Osi and Tucky have been playing better of late and are about to BLOW UP!!
    Obvi Tuck played his best game of yea ron Sunday, how you gonna sit him?!?!?

  7. #7
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,093
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think with Osi it's situational and it really has always been that way. Losing Canty, and perhaps Bernard to a lesser extent , was more of a blow than I think we realized starting the season. Austin and Kuhn have been plugged in and I don't have any serious complaints about either but it did significantly alter the available talent on the D Line.

    Kiwanuka is great in run defense at both the LB and DL positions. Now we have other LBs who can maintain that group's presence on the field so we may see Kiwanuka with his hand in ten dirt a lot more often.
    That was the case against a punishing 49er running team, and it's clear to me it was a big difference with the D-Line.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    It's no surprise to me that the Giants defense rebounded with Kiwi playing alot of snaps at DE.

    I really hope we see less Osi and more Kiwi on the defensive line...... Osi is flat out terrible in contain, and that's what they are going to need. RG3 will kill the Giants if they jump out of their gaps, and Osi has been awful this season in that regard.

    Kiwi can push the pocket, play the run, and he's got those crazy long arms just like JPP...... I'd like to see him and JPP at DE.

    It would also be huge if Canty can play this week....I know he's practicing now.

    I think this is going to be a very tough game.....it could come down to few huge plays, and if so, I think Kiwi is better suited to prevent them when the Redskins have the ball and are looking to run.
    Osi had his most disciplined game against Cam. He held contain very well.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Osi had his most disciplined game against Cam. He held contain very well.
    And then he did absolutely nothing vs the Eagles. ***** just ran right around him, as did ****ty mccoy...

  10. #10
    you will get more Kiwi along the D-line, but not b/c of Osi

    b/c it worked vs. SF

    and Bernard and Canty are unlikely to play vs. the Skins ,,, JPP took a lot DT snaps ... Tuck and Kiwi took some and obviously Kiwi got a good number of DE snaps
    Apologize to Melo 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts