+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Deion Sanders: "I believe in Eli"

Just watching NFL network and Deion seems to never go against Eli. He always picks ELI and says,"I believe in Eli!". I know they are fairies together and I also seen an interview in which Primetime interviewed Eli and they seem pretty close. But, There was a time where Eli was not regarded as he is now. Especially on these boards. It was people who was dogging him on these boards. So my point is, I always would wonder when Primetime first starting saying he believe in Eli, was he saying he know a winner when he sees one or did it started out as some type of Dallas faithful sarcasm??????? I always wondered and would like to know others opinion.

some people claim he was originally being sarcastic. theres no proof either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    Just watching NFL network and Deion seems to never go against Eli. He always picks ELI and says,"I believe in Eli!". I know they are fairies together and I also seen an interview in which Primetime interviewed Eli and they seem pretty close. But, There was a time where Eli was not regarded as he is now. Especially on these boards. It was people who was dogging him on these boards. So my point is, I always would wonder when Primetime first starting saying he believe in Eli, was he saying he know a winner when he sees one or did it started out as some type of Dallas faithful sarcasm??????? I always wondered and would like to know others opinion.
    I remember.....it started in the 2007 run, after Eli played great v. the Patriots in the regular season finale.

I don't know if Sanders even fully believed it himself, but he stayed on it and hasn't gotten off the wagon, so I respect him for that.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    some people claim he was originally being sarcastic. theres no proof either way.
    I agree and it eventually fell into place for Deion.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I guess it really doesn't matter. I just always wonder and thought someone might have intel into the initial statement. Deion has seen enough of quarterbacks , good and bad, to be able to have good judgement when it comes to saying who is a winner and who is not. This guy use to take away a whole side of a football field. Yeah he was gifted but he also was very intelligent.

I dont believe Deion is faithful to Dallas to be sarcastic about Eli. If it was Irvin it would be a hell yea it's sarcasism. But Deion often speaks on why Eli is one of the best and never count out the Giants for if only one reason, ELI.

Some people say that this team is the next man up mainly because our recievers seem to produce, common denomenator is Eli. We draft d-linemen at premium spots so it's not next up it was thought out, same with the rise in secondary play now. Highly drafted players our playing their role.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    I dont believe Deion is faithful to Dallas to be sarcastic about Eli. If it was Irvin it would be a hell yea it's sarcasism. But Deion often speaks on why Eli is one of the best and never count out the Giants for if only one reason, ELI.

Some people say that this team is the next man up mainly because our recievers seem to produce, common denomenator is Eli. We draft d-linemen at premium spots so it's not next up it was thought out, same with the rise in secondary play now. Highly drafted players our playing their role.
    Irvin speaks very highly of Eli......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I believe in the beginning, he was being a sarcastic ****** bag but it seems like he actually does bELIeve now...LOL!
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. ~Vince Lombardi

Deion absolutely respects Eli, and Irvin too for that matter... It's kind of sad that the Cowboys former players respect Eli more than former Giants (save Strahan) do...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Ehhh.... There was this one time where Deion Sanders said "I believe in Eli" on live national TV....and then preceded to pick the Panthers to win in the Week 3 Thursday Night game. lol