+ Reply to Thread

When Did The NY Yankees Become A Convent?

Please don't try to tell me that the reason the Yankees have started treating ARod like a red headed step child is because he flirted with 2 women in the stands, because if that is the reason, they need to un retire Mickey Mantle's number and remove his plaque from monument park!
    Mantle was the biggest cooze hound on the Yankees and they practically canonized the guy!
    And don't tell me that it's because of his post season disappearing act because nobody on this team earned their money in the playoffs except Ibanez andIchiro.
    At least Rodriguez has 09 to brag about because a lot of players past and present from 09 did nothing and without ARod, we don't get number 27!
    The hypocrisy drives me nuts. The way they treated Rodriguez this post season was despicable and if he's really played his last game as a Yankee then I've watched my last game as a Yankee fan!!!
    Girardi and his tiresome and totally ineffective over managing and ridiculous situational pitching changes are as responsible for this teams downfall as the lack of hitting was.
    I think todays game was the perfect microcosm of Girardi's "strategy" being exposed as idiotic and counterproductive as the game got worse and worse with each pitching change.
    So I bid a fond farewell to A-Rod and a giant GOOD RIDDANCE to idiot Girardi, the idiot twins Walman and Sterling, the blowhard Michael Kay and the poor man's George Steinbrenner ........Brian Cashman!

dunno 'bout the convent thing but Girardi needs to go for his worthlessness at his position.

I was never big on Aroid either and honestly I do like Grandy BUT, I wanted the younger guys like Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero to stay...

Trading away what little talent we had for the "win now," is reason enough for Brian to pack his bags.

If losing Jeter with a absent Mariano and a vanquished Jorge (thanks Joe G ya idiot) nets what we see or saw, get ready for a return to 80s Pinstripe Blues...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I love the Yankees and bleed pinstripes, however it is time for the Yankees to start looking for younger talent. Even if it means that they falter for a year or two there needs to be a changing of the guard. There are some decent young pitchers in their minor league system, but what they need to probably start doing is getting rid of some veterans and trading them off for some promising minor league talent of other teams.

If it were up to me, I start by building a Pitching staff of reliability.

In Torre's days, he was praised for leading the Team as a small-ball club that had pop sprinkled up and down the order.

Remember Stanton, Wells, Cone, El Duque, Clemens, Pettite ?

I mean, call me a homer but I am a fan of Cervelli and Gardner. I'm for keeping Robbie and at this point Granderson and Teixera is still a golden-glover.

After that, it's time for Youth and if they build the Pitching Staff right, maybe athletic defensive players...

Anything to ba$h Arod. How about Cano setting post season record 0/29.

Robby gets a pass from me, as soon as Aroid was denied the juice, his real self came out...and his salary compared to Robby's deserves the disgust and pissed off-ness he gets from most of the Empire

I too, love the yankees. I know some of you might disagree with me, but I honestly would look into trading Robinson Cano for some more talent. I feel that he easily has the most trade value. He just seems too arrogant and does absolutely nothing in the postseason. This team needs to get younger and also way more athletic in the outfield. Assets like Thethirdbaseman and Tex are virtually impossible to move due to their ginormous contracts, so you might as well trade away someone that actually has real value.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Robby gets a pass from me, as soon as Aroid was denied the juice, his real self came out...and his salary compared to Robby's deserves the disgust and pissed off-ness he gets from most of the Empire
    Why does Cano get a pass? 0-29 speaks way too loudly to me. He is supposed to be a superstar player and came up short. Respectfully disagree with you there.

Yankees need to get younger and add more speed.Play a little small ball.
    the power is nice during the season against teams 3-4 and 5 pitchers,
    but as we see year after year it just does'nt show up in the post season