+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Antrel Rolle Keeps Lighting Fire in Giants' teammates

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...TZO6E2lNt5wJ2O

Excerpt: "The words came straight from the heart and poured out of Antrel Rolle’s mouth as he stood in front of his locker inside a shell-shocked locker room. The 2011 Giants had just given a shameful performance against the Redskins and had been booed out of MetLife Stadium — and a Super Bowl dream appeared shattered.

But Rolle’s impassioned plea helped transform the Giants into champions:

“If you’re going to go out here and play the game on Sunday, you need to be out there with your men throughout the week,” Rolle said that day. “I’ve been nicked up all year long. A lot of other people have been nicked up all year long. We go out there and we’re fighting.

“I don’t know. I ain’t the coach, man. I’m not trying to be the coach, and I’m not trying to say what he should do or shouldn’t do. But I feel as teammates we need to hold each other more accountable. If you’re going to be in the battle come Sunday, let’s be in the battle throughout the week. That’s only going to make us better.”

On the eve of another important divisional home game against the Redskins, I asked Rolle what compelled him to stand up that day.

“I really don’t know, I felt like it was do-or-die that moment,” he said. “I just felt like we needed all of our guys on the field. I felt like in order for us to have any kinda shot, we needed everyone on the field. And that was the only message to that comment, because I knew what I was going through. Maybe my teammates didn’t know, but I knew what I was going through, I knew what I was battling. I just felt like if we had all of our guys out there and we have more of that attitude, we’ll just get ourselves that much over the hump.”

Rolle had a pair of bum shoulders." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It was right around that time that I started liking rolle too... it was that moment where he truly took that step from punk to leader.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It was right around that time that I started liking rolle too... it was that moment where he truly took that step from punk to leader.
    And things started to look better
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Gotta love Rolle! And you gotta love this team. we have a locker room full of leaders who puts the team first.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

great read.....attitudes are contagious and his is a great attitude.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    great read.....attitudes are contagious and his is a great attitude.......
    And he never takes a play off

# 80

Great attitude !

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And he never takes a play off
    and that is something you like out of a leader--not giving up/getting lazy, good attitude, and mental/physical toughness and grit
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    and that is something you like out of a leader--not giving up/getting lazy, good attitude, and mental/physical toughness and grit
    +1

# 80

This guy is tough as nails, man. When I heard about his speech last year and then heard about his shoulders this past offseason I was just in awe, playing safety requires all the mobility you can have and he played through serious pain to make plays and win games for us