+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

Has any QB improved for 9 straight years the way Eli has?

It's honestly amazing how Eli has literally gotten better every single year and seems like he's yet to hit his ceiling on how good he can be. 9 years and counting and he continues to get better and smarter. How is this possible? Has this ever happened?

I know Elway ended his career with 2 SB wins, which is awesome, but he was already past his prime. His first win was when I first started watching football.

Eli has certainly frustrated us fans, and I'm sure still will at times, but it's remarkable how evident his improvements have become yearly. When they first won in 2007 I knew he could do it again, which is why I was so frustrated from 2008-2010 (basically the 2009 and 2010 seasons).

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Their stats the first 7 years are very, very close. Then all 3 have exploded after that.
    I'm not really referring to stats. Brees has been pretty consistent in all of his New Orleans years and just needed a better team around him. Brady has seemingly been the same player for a while now. It's not a knock at either of them - I've just watched them both pretty consistently over the years and their performance doesn't seem to have changed as much the way you can see it has in Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by pj18 View Post
    I'm not really referring to stats. Brees has been pretty consistent in all of his New Orleans years and just needed a better team around him. Brady has seemingly been the same player for a while now. It's not a knock at either of them - I've just watched them both pretty consistently over the years and their performance doesn't seem to have changed as much the way you can see it has in Eli.
    All QBs have a maturation process. Some flash early, especially the highlight grabbers (i.e. Vick), some grow more slowly (Eli) and some don't flash until they're in the right situation (Plunkett).

I think what you're seeing with Eli is less a slow growth by him (he did the 4th quarter come back thing his rookie year against Dallas) than the evolution of our offense. We were a running / screen team up until 2007. After Tiki left the team, the dynamic around which our offense operated changed from a single focus (Tiki) to a multi-focus (more balanced) and ever since then, you've seen that regardless of personnel (except Eli of course) we can excel.

Very good all of yah.

Another one?.......I think you guys are just trying to make morehead's head explode!!

I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!!!

cue all of the posters who claim to be "so sick of all these eli threads" yet are major players in them ending up 40+ pages long....

LOVE THAT ELI

jax they secretly like the back and forth between realists and homers.

Starter
    #17 David Brown??

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    cue all of the posters who claim to be "so sick of all these eli threads" yet are major players in them ending up 40+ pages long....

LOVE THAT ELI
    Eli threads are the best.