+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Your ideal RB situation?

Just curious to see what everyone is hoping for going forward as far as our RB situation goes?

I was wrong when I predicted that AB would be splitting carries 50/50 by week 6, but for me it's a little bit of a dilemma because it is obvious that even though he is our best choice right now as a reliable starter he is beginning to near that age for a running back. And with 2 studs behind him, I'm just curious as to what we would hope for as far as playing time going forward? I think it's obvious that our staff believes that at this point Andre Brown is going to be the safer choice to carry the rest of the load than David Wilson may be, yet David has a lot more long term potential.
    For that reason, is it a risk to Keep David in more of a return/situation type role when he clearly has more upside potential, or should we throw him in now in a more active role even though he may not be as ready as Brown, but could produce more in the long run with more of a risk in the short term?

My guess at this point is that we see Andre Brown filling the majority of the carries that AB doesn't get, and continue to use David in kickoffs and situational plays. Maybe perhaps even lining him up outside occasionally for screens / end arounds.

I'm a bit torn here because I don't know what the ideal split will be. AB won't be around for much longer and I want to see David get more actual carries so he can develop into what we all know that he can be, but for right now how do we ignore Andre Browns recent play when he was called upon out of nowhere?

I would like Earth Wind and Fire to come back.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.
    Nice nickname.

Bradshaw is our workhorse. He will get the carries as long as he is healthy. Brown and Wilson will get their shots, but not at will. Only when they are called upon. I think they will be ready. And I know most of us fans want to see more from them. Just not while Bradshaw's burning the tires.

You aint lyin.

I would agree about Brown except it's two weeks removed now. I'd imagine Bradshaw will be the largest share of the burden coming off two good games with Brown in relief and WIlson available for a few more snaps than he has been getting.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Bradshaw is our workhorse. He will get the carries as long as he is healthy. Brown and Wilson will get their shots, but not at will. Only when they are called upon. I think they will be ready. And I know most of us fans want to see more from them. Just not while Bradshaw's burning the tires.
    Unfortunately, he might not be burning any tires this Sunday as he is now listed as questionable. Didn't practice today because of a sore foot. I think it's pre-cautionary, no setbacks or anything but still..

I hope TC continues to give Wilson some action each game. I personally think they should look at how the saints used their backs last year. Everyone had a role and got some time on the field.

AB should be the primary carrier, Wilson taking carries here and there for a break and maybe use brown in a 3rd down role.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

AB=65%, AB2=25%, HOF'er 10%