+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philly boards must be blowing up!

Philly boards must be blowing up!

They just put themselves back in contention for the East with their win. If we lose,to jets which is good possibility and they beat Dallas they control their own destiny.</P>

correction. we would have to still beat dallas while they beat skins so they dont control it </P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Philly boards must be blowing up!

not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7

[quote user="miked1958"]They just put themselves back in contention for the East with their win.
    If we lose,to jets which is good possibility and they beat Dallas they control their own destiny[/quote]

Well I guess if you don't know anything about football you'd be happy as an Eagles fan.

Me? I'd rather root for a team that has some control over its fate and has a QB that could actually win me a big game late in the season.

So, not so great to be a Philly fan in my mind. Of course given where they were earlier this year I guess everything looks like up to them.

[quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

Right. Dallas could actually rest players and look forward to the week after the Eagles if they really wanted to.

Problem with that is that Dallas could clinch the division with a win over the Eagles and Giants loss. I don't think the Giants will lose to the Jets, but hey, anything's possible.

It's a good feeling to know that the Eagles can't spoil our season. Like I've said many times before, I don't fear the Eagles having success, I fear them spoiling the success of others.

[quote user="miked1958"]They just put themselves back in contention for the East with their win.
    If we lose,to jets which is good possibility and they beat Dallas they control their own destiny[/quote]
    U guys are right... For some reason I thought that was their 7th win today.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

Right. Dallas could actually rest players and look forward to the week after the Eagles if they really wanted to.

Problem with that is that Dallas could clinch the division with a win over the Eagles and Giants loss. I don't think the Giants will lose to the Jets, but hey, anything's possible.

It's a good feeling to know that the Eagles can't spoil our season. Like I've said many times before, I don't fear the Eagles having success, I fear them spoiling the success of others.
    [/quote]
    Ok. I feel better... Only way eagles can get in is to beat Dallas while giants lose to jets. Then they would have to hope the eliminated giants get a win over Dallas while they beat the skins. That would create a 3way tie at 8-8 giving Philly the East based off the 5-1 div record. Can't let that happen... We all already wrote them off.
    No. Dallas needs to beat them to end their season! And if, and it's a huge IF we beat the jets, then Dallas and the giants can settle things in NJ on jan1

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

[/quote]
    Ok. I feel better... Only way eagles can get in is to beat Dallas while giants lose to jets. Then they would have to hope the eliminated giants get a win over Dallas while they beat the skins. That would create a 3way tie at 8-8 giving Philly the East based off the 5-1 div record. Can't let that happen... We all already wrote them off.
    No. Dallas needs to beat them to end their season! And if, and it's a huge IF we beat the jets, then Dallas and the giants can settle things in NJ on jan1[/quote] 1 small detail. The Cowboys don't have a thing to do with the City of Dallas.
    Fact ticket phone number is 817 area code. That is a Tarrant County Area code (Fort Worth). Fact Headquarters, and Training facilites located in Valley Ranch. That is located in Irving Texas. Fact Stadium ain't even located in Dallas County. Please refer to them as the "Arlington, or North Texas" Cowboys. After all you said NJ, not NY referring to where the stadium that the Giants, and Jets both play in. Or, are you as "Geographically Challenged" as almost all Cowboys fans are. Even the ones down here who should know better.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

[/quote]
    No. Dallas needs to beat them to end their season! And if, and it's a huge IF we beat the jets, then Dallas and the giants can settle things in NJ on jan1[/quote] 1 small detail. The Cowboys don't have a thing to do with the City of Dallas.
    Fact ticket phone number is 817 area code. That is a Tarrant County Area code (Fort Worth). Fact Headquarters, and Training facilites located in Valley Ranch. That is located in Irving Texas. Fact Stadium ain't even located in Dallas County. Please refer to them as the "Arlington, or North Texas" Cowboys. After all you said NJ, not NY referring to where the stadium that the Giants, and Jets both play in.* Or, are you as "Geographically Challenged" as almost all Cowboys fans are. Even the ones down here who should know better.
    [/quote]wow a Texans fan giving a geography lesson? LOL!!! You do know that the Cowboys played at the Cotton Bowl, which is located in Dallas before they moved to Irving in the early 70's, right? How long you been a fan of the Texans? Before this season or maybe after the Cowboys let you down 1 too many times?

Well good luck the rest of the way to your team.. Its going to be tough with Yates at the helm in the post season. Wade has done good things with your D, even after Williams went on IR.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

[/quote]you're right, anything can happen...look at what happened in KC...

All the Eagles fans who were calling for Reid to be fired are now painting themselves as the one true fan who never gave up on the team this year.

While I'd have preferred the Eagles be eliminated this late run can actually be a good thing. If they finish 7-9 or 8-8 Reid and maybe even Juan Castillo will be back.

That would be great for the rest of the NFC East.

+ Reply to Thread