+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Philly boards must be blowing up!

Starter

Re: Philly boards must be blowing up!

No, our boards are not blowing up.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

Right. Dallas could actually rest players and look forward to the week after the Eagles if they really wanted to.

Problem with that is that Dallas could clinch the division with a win over the Eagles and Giants loss. I don't think the Giants will lose to the Jets, but hey, anything's possible.

It's a good feeling to know that the Eagles can't spoil our season. Like I've said many times before, I don't fear the Eagles having success, I fear them spoiling the success of others.
    [/quote]
    Ok. I feel better... Only way eagles can get in is to beat Dallas while giants lose to jets. Then they would have to hope the eliminated giants get a win over Dallas while they beat the skins. That would create a 3way tie at 8-8 giving Philly the East based off the 5-1 div record. Can't let that happen... We all already wrote them off.
    No. Dallas needs to beat them to end their season! And if, and it's a huge IF we beat the jets, then Dallas and the giants can settle things in NJ on jan1[/quote] 1 small detail. The Cowboys don't have a thing to do with the City of Dallas.
    Fact ticket phone number is 817 area code. That is a Tarrant County Area code (Fort Worth). Fact Headquarters, and Training facilites located in Valley Ranch. That is located in Irving Texas. Fact Stadium ain't even located in Dallas County. Please refer to them as the "Arlington, or North Texas" Cowboys. After all you said NJ, not NY referring to where the stadium that the Giants, and Jets both play in.* Or, are you as "Geographically Challenged" as almost all Cowboys fans are. Even the ones down here who should know better.
    [/quote]

Weak. If that's the case then...

Landover Redskins
    New Jersey Giants/Jets
    Orchard Park/Toronto Bills
    Foxborough Patriots
    Glendale Cardinals

As stated above, The Cowboys initially played in the Cotton bowl, thus the 'Dallas' part of it all. It's a name with with a lot of history and imagery associated with it so it's not going to change even if Dallas drops from being the largest city in the Metroplex.

[/quote]Nickerson Field, Fenway Park, and Harvard Stadium are all in Boston and we were called the Boston Patriots back then...Sullivan Stadium, Schaefer Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, and Gillette Stadium are all located in Foxborough and we have been the NE Patriots during our stay in those stadiums. Foxborough, MA. is in New England....The only time we have been geographically incorrect is 1969 over at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill which is technically not in Boston.......We may have a pretty whacked out history, geographically, not so much.................

With all that said, i hope it comes down to the last week between the Cowboys and Giants.

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BanditHiro"]not really if the cowboys win against the giants then the cowboys win the division at 9-7[/quote]

Right. Dallas could actually rest players and look forward to the week after the Eagles if they really wanted to.

Problem with that is that Dallas could clinch the division with a win over the Eagles and Giants loss. I don't think the Giants will lose to the Jets, but hey, anything's possible.

It's a good feeling to know that the Eagles can't spoil our season. Like I've said many times before, I don't fear the Eagles having success, I fear them spoiling the success of others.
    [/quote]
    Ok. I feel better... Only way eagles can get in is to beat Dallas while giants lose to jets. Then they would have to hope the eliminated giants get a win over Dallas while they beat the skins. That would create a 3way tie at 8-8 giving Philly the East based off the 5-1 div record. Can't let that happen... We all already wrote them off.
    No. Dallas needs to beat them to end their season! And if, and it's a huge IF we beat the jets, then Dallas and the giants can settle things in NJ on jan1[/quote] 1 small detail. The Cowboys don't have a thing to do with the City of Dallas.
    Fact ticket phone number is 817 area code. That is a Tarrant County Area code (Fort Worth). Fact Headquarters, and Training facilites located in Valley Ranch. That is located in Irving Texas. Fact Stadium ain't even located in Dallas County. Please refer to them as the "Arlington, or North Texas" Cowboys. After all you said NJ, not NY referring to where the stadium that the Giants, and Jets both play in. Or, are you as "Geographically Challenged" as almost all Cowboys fans are. Even the ones down here who should know better.
    [/quote]

Weak. If that's the case then...

Landover Redskins
    New Jersey Giants/Jets
    Orchard Park/Toronto Bills
    Foxborough Patriots
    Glendale Cardinals

As stated above, The Cowboys initially played in the Cotton bowl, thus the 'Dallas' part of it all. It's a name with with a lot of history and imagery associated with it so it's not going to change even if Dallas drops from being the largest city in the Metroplex.

[/quote]Nickerson Field, Fenway Park, and Harvard Stadium are all in Boston and we were called the Boston Patriots back then...Sullivan Stadium, Schaefer Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, and Gillette Stadium are all located in Foxborough and we have been the NE Patriots during our stay in those stadiums. Foxborough, MA. is in New England....The only time we have been geographically incorrect is 1969 over at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill which is technically not in Boston.......We may have a pretty whacked out history, geographically, not so much.................

With all that said, i hope it comes down to the last week between the Cowboys and Giants.[/quote]

Hope you didn't think I meant you were geographically 'whacked out'. Just responding to the Texans fan who wants to be literal about the Dallas Cowboys location.

[quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote]

As I said earlier in the thread, there's no reason for them to. Your team is over rated and under achieving. Plus you'll never win a ring with a converted RB playing QB.

Look how well that worked out for Kordell Stewart.
    #80 et reversus est fortitudo

[quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote]
    Really? I would have thought after all the bad press and PR u guys have had to deal with,it would be a welcome bright spot to be actually able to talk playoffs.
    You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Starter

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote]
    Really? I would have thought after all the bad press and PR u guys have had to deal with,it would be a welcome bright spot to be actually able to talk playoffs.
    You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off[/quote]

Its a weird situation, if you guys lose, and we beat the Cowboys. In Week 17, you guys could be doing our bidding by beating Dallas and you guys always lay eggs at home. We expect you guys to pack it in and why would you want to help us?

Conversally, if you guys beat the Jets, we could be doing your bidding by beating the Cowboys and its the same deal. Why would we help you?

At the end of all the madness, I expect Dallas to get to the playoffs and host a playoff game. Which, as an Eagles fan is better because I dislike you guys more than Dallas but as a football fan, I would prefer to see a coldweather game at Metlife or the Linc.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote] Really? I would have thought after all the bad press and PR u guys have had to deal with,it would be a welcome bright spot to be actually able to talk playoffs. You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off[/quote] Its a weird situation, if you guys lose, and we beat the Cowboys. In Week 17, you guys could be doing our bidding by beating Dallas and you guys always lay eggs at home. We expect you guys to pack it in and why would you want to help us? Conversally, if you guys beat the Jets, we could be doing your bidding by beating the Cowboys and its the same deal. Why would we help you? At the end of all the madness, I expect Dallas to get to the playoffs and host a playoff game. Which, as an Eagles fan is better because I dislike you guys more than Dallas but as a football fan, I would prefer to see a coldweather game at Metlife or the Linc.[/quote]You made a wrong turn off the Turnpike. Make a U turn drive 20 miles. Look for the women with half a set of teeth and you will know you are home.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote] Really? I would have thought after all the bad press and PR u guys have had to deal with,it would be a welcome bright spot to be actually able to talk playoffs. You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off[/quote] Its a weird situation, if you guys lose, and we beat the Cowboys. In Week 17, you guys could be doing our bidding by beating Dallas and you guys always lay eggs at home. We expect you guys to pack it in and why would you want to help us? Conversally, if you guys beat the Jets, we could be doing your bidding by beating the Cowboys and its the same deal. Why would we help you? At the end of all the madness, I expect Dallas to get to the playoffs and host a playoff game. Which, as an Eagles fan is better because I dislike you guys more than Dallas but as a football fan, I would prefer to see a coldweather game at Metlife or the Linc.[/quote]You made a wrong turn off the Turnpike. Make a U turn drive 20 miles. Look for the women with half a set of teeth and you will know you are home.[/quote]

Nuff said.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote] Really? I would have thought after all the bad press and PR u guys have had to deal with,it would be a welcome bright spot to be actually able to talk playoffs. You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off[/quote] Its a weird situation, if you guys lose, and we beat the Cowboys. In Week 17, you guys could be doing our bidding by beating Dallas and you guys always lay eggs at home. We expect you guys to pack it in and why would you want to help us? Conversally, if you guys beat the Jets, we could be doing your bidding by beating the Cowboys and its the same deal. Why would we help you? At the end of all the madness, I expect Dallas to get to the playoffs and host a playoff game. Which, as an Eagles fan is better because I dislike you guys more than Dallas but as a football fan, I would prefer to see a coldweather game at Metlife or the Linc.[/quote]You made a wrong turn off the Turnpike. Make a U turn drive 20 miles. Look for the women with half a set of teeth and you will know you are home.[/quote] Nuff said.[/quote]That's what I'm talking about! []
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"]No, our boards are not blowing up.[/quote]
    You guys were an after thought that was rritten off and forgotten about. Now you reall have a chance. Sure, u don't control your own destiny but not to far off[/quote]

Its a weird situation, if you guys lose, and we beat the Cowboys. In Week 17, you guys could be doing our bidding by beating Dallas and you guys always lay eggs at home. We expect you guys to pack it in and why would you want to help us?

Conversally, if you guys beat the Jets, we could be doing your bidding by beating the Cowboys and its the same deal. Why would we help you?

At the end of all the madness, I expect Dallas to get to the playoffs and host a playoff game. Which, as an Eagles fan is better because I dislike you guys more than Dallas but as a football fan, I would prefer to see a coldweather game at Metlife or the Linc.[/quote]

It's got nothing to do with not wanting to help the Eagles. The Giants are so bad defensively and so inconsistent they couldn't help you even if they wanted to. The same is true in the inverse. I'd expect Philly to want to beat Dallas, whether they would or not is another story completely.
    #80 et reversus est fortitudo

+ Reply to Thread