+ Reply to Thread

Attention Killdrive Nation

if you wish to understand truly bad play calling

watch Jets v Patriots

Jets recover a fumble on a kickoff with 2:01 left .... tie game ... NE has 2 timeouts

the clock is going to stop on the 1st play they run

all the Jets need to do to win is either a 1st down or a TD

Sanchez is playing well and you can throw the ball on 1st down without worrying about conserving time for NE b/c of the 2 minute warning

so what do they do?

Tebow comes in and runs the ball into the center of the line like they were simply centering it for a FG

he doesnt even do a read option type run ... just runs right to the middle of the field

that's bad play calling

give me aggressive all day and night over that

and i can never recall our coaches not understanding the game situation

sure whenever a play doesnt work the monday morning yahoo QBs on here can say ... WHY, THAT PLAY IT DIDNT WORK?!?!?!

but realize truly bad play calling to keep it all in perspective
    Apologize to Melo 5

Veteran
    Should the Jets give-up on Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Should this Thread moved to Barnum & Bailey Circus??

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    haha, that's not where i was going

i was just shocked that they did not realize the game situation until after the 2 minute warning

Sanchez ... well i will say this ... he and Keller have had a good thing going over the years and he didnt have Keller for the 1st 5 games

so without his fav weapon, w/o many weapons, with young weapons and the distraction of Tebow on and off the field it is impossible to evaluate him right now

but just imagine if we had given up on Eli and with the Jets track record ... they should all get together ... make a decision and then do the exact opposite of whatever they decide
    Apologize to Melo 5

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    haha, that's not where i was going

i was just shocked that they did not realize the game situation until after the 2 minute warning

Sanchez ... well i will say this ... he and Keller have had a good thing going over the years and he didnt have Keller for the 1st 5 games

so without his fav weapon, w/o many weapons, with young weapons and the distraction of Tebow on and off the field it is impossible to evaluate him right now

but just imagine if we had given up on Eli and with the Jets track record ... they should all get together ... make a decision and then do the exact opposite of whatever they decide
    Hey...good answer. I'm not saying they should, I was just wondering how NY'ers felt about the whole thing. I do believe that if they weren't leaning in that direction...giving up, that is...then they never should have brought Tebow to NY. I think the added hoopla is taking it's toll on him and the rest of the team. Maybe Ryan should go or whoever made that decision.

All-Pro
    Didn't their second round pick also drop a pass where he was wide open and no one near him towards the end of the game? Can't blame the OC or QB for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Didn't their second round pick also drop a pass where he was wide open and no one near him towards the end of the game? Can't blame the OC or QB for that.
    yeah Steven Hill, but that does not excuse them for not being aware of the game situation at the end ... they were centering the ball for a FG on 1st down before they realized that they could not run enough time off the clock .... totally wasted a play
    Apologize to Melo 5

All-Pro
    I can't say I watched the entire game, but I thought that play alone is what lost them he game. As far as the Tebow thing they have been using him the wrong way all season. If you are going to use him it should be down near the goal line.

not that i care this is moved

but just for information purposes

Kevin Gilbride is the Offensive Coordinator of the New York Football Giants

just so everyone knows

thank you
    Apologize to Melo 5