+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Must win in week 7

If we lose this game, I don't see us making the playoffs. We'll be 0-3 in the division, and a wild card team's probably gonna need 11 wins to make it in. If we lose this game, it may be time to start playing for a good draft pick.

Weren't we 3 - 3 in the Division last season?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    If we lose this game, I don't see us making the playoffs. We'll be 0-3 in the division, and a wild card team's probably gonna need 11 wins to make it in. If we lose this game, it may be time to start playing for a good draft pick.
    You're a moron, go away

must win in week 7????

did you not watch last season? ... we lost 7 must win games by your assessment

now none of us want to go thru that experience again ... well the 1st 14 game part of it ... but you cant just throw out must win ... we are not even at the halfway mark
    Apologize to Melo 5

No one wants to start 0-3 in the division - but if we lose, we're not out. By definition, not a must win.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    I still have my eye on the playoffs with or without a win tomorrow.

Not agreeing or disagreeing but it would be fantastic to start to put the proverbial cleat on the throats of lesser clubs. I wonder what it feels like to actually know you're going to win a game you should

Nope. We've had "must-win" games already this season (IMO), and we won them.

This would be a pride-diminishing loss, as it would put us in with the pack of "decent" NFC teams.

All-Pro
    I agree its not a must win but I don't think we want to fall to 0-3
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

My understanding is that "division record" means nothing. What matters is our record vs. individual teams. So if we go 2-4 in the division, but beat the 'Skins twice, we'll have the tiebreaker over them. It also means that if we beat the Cowboys/Eagles next matchup, then that tiebreaker will be a wash.

When it comes to WildCard significance, it's CONFERANCE records that makes the difference.

Don't get me wrong, it's very important to win your division games. But I don't think this is "must-win" territory here. In fact, I suspect TC might just keep a little in reserve, rather than tip our entire hand in this matchup.