+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Canty Activated

The Giants just announced on Twitter that DT Chris Canty has been activated off the PUP and onto the 53 man roster.

RB Da'Rel Scott was placed on season ending IR to make room for him.

Woohoo!

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Giants' Defensive Tackle Chris Canty activated for Redskins Game

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "The Giants defensive line gets a boost heading into tomorrow's divisional game against the Redskins.

Defensive tackle Chris Canty has been activated from the physically unable to perform list to the 53-man roster and will make his season debut tomorrow. To make space for Canty, the Giants placed running back Da'Rel Scott on injured reserve after having a procedure on his knee this week.

Canty was sidelined for the first six games of the season after having offseason knee surgery. Canty returned to practice this week, the first week he was eligible to do so after starting the season on the PUP list. He feels healthy and said he lost 15 to 20 pounds during his time on the sidelines, hoping to be leaner and more explosive upon his return.

“I always feel like I can help this team and contribute in some fashion, so from my perspective, I feel like I would be an asset," Canty said Friday." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

This is a huge huge boost for our defense.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

ProFootballTalk says that Canty is almost certain to play tomorrow.

Veteran
    They wouldnt have activated him if he wasnt ready to see snaps - cause they had three weeks to let him practice without taking up a roster spot - he's definitely gonna see the field.

what exactly happened with Scott? I mean not that he was contributing, but did he get injured during play, practice, what? Anyway, glad to have Canty back. we're going to need to activate Martinek though, aren't we? Look at this week's injury report....3 of our 4 RBs were on it. I know Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson all dress this week, but we're a bit thin there.

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    what exactly happened with Scott? I mean not that he was contributing, but did he get injured during play, practice, what? Anyway, glad to have Canty back. we're going to need to activate Martinek though, aren't we? Look at this week's injury report....3 of our 4 RBs were on it. I know Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson all dress this week, but we're a bit thin there.
    No surprise here. Unless one if the three RBs has a serious injury Scott would not have any playing time.

Having three available for a game is plenty, we also have Hynoski in a pinch
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Scott had to have a minor surgery on his knee a few weeks back and is still not recovered - putting him on IR keeps him under our control. With AB2 and wilson emerging scott may be an afterthought but reese has shown us that depth is critical so he will be back in camp next year.

nice to have the big guy back, esp. with Bernard hurt .. not sure what to expect from him this week, but he must have looked good in practice, so that's a start
    Apologize to Melo 5