+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Gun And Run Is Back

The Giants will put on a clinic offensively. 3- RBs who are more than capable. 5 WRs aided by a very good TE. An Offensive line that moved the niners around, can absolutely Bang open holes against Washiongton. Combine that with a Wizard for a QB, spells Doom for the Redskins.

Are you talking about that stuff from the 90s that yhe Houston Oilers use to do?
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

Veteran
    that was the run and gun.

What ever it is the redskins are going to get it early and often
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Yeah... let's hope we aren't going to the "run and shoot" that Houston used to run in the 90's... as explosive as it could be, it ultimately ended up being the "chuck and duck" because all you had to do was kill the QB, and many did exactly that. The passing attack the Giants use is similar in some ways... but this is not the chuck and duck, thank god!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Yeah... let's hope we aren't going to the "run and shoot" that Houston used to run in the 90's... as explosive as it could be, it ultimately ended up being the "chuck and duck" because all you had to do was kill the QB, and many did exactly that. The passing attack the Giants use is similar in some ways... but this is not the chuck and duck, thank god!
    kg's offensive scheme is the run n gun/shoot. KG was the OC for Houston when Moon ran it. The offense puts up a lot of yards n points, but before the NYG, i dont believe a team using it as their offense had ever won the SB.
    It started as the Air Coryell offense at SD, and morphed/evolved into what Houston ran with KG, and it evoled/morphed into the offense we see him running for the NYG

Call me old school but I still prefer stetting the pass up with the run. Guess I'd suck as a coordinator.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    kg's offensive scheme is the run n gun/shoot. KG was the OC for Houston when Moon ran it. The offense puts up a lot of yards n points, but before the NYG, i dont believe a team using it as their offense had ever won the SB.
    It started as the Air Coryell offense at SD, and morphed/evolved into what Houston ran with KG, and it evoled/morphed into the offense we see him running for the NYG
    Yes KG developed that offense in Houston to great success for a while... as defenses began simply playing "kill the QB" it fell in production and ultimately led to Buddy Ryan punching KG during a game. It has evolved from that, and while it does have many similar aspects, especially in the receiver options routes it isn't the same. If I recall, the run and shoot did not use a tight end and often used 4-5 receivers.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    or the kgun of buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Yes KG developed that offense in Houston to great success for a while... as defenses began simply playing "kill the QB" it fell in production and ultimately led to Buddy Ryan punching KG during a game. It has evolved from that, and while it does have many similar aspects, especially in the receiver options routes it isn't the same. If I recall, the run and shoot did not use a tight end and often used 4-5 receivers.
    Brad, you are absolutely correct in your statements. Just a little side note: Buddy Ryan was such a legend in his own mind that during practices when gearing up for an opposing team, he would not set up his defense to help KG's offense prepare. Ryan was and is a complete fool. KG's O was outshining his D.