+ Reply to Thread

Giants will Be Counting On Domenik Hixon In Clash With Redskins

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Gi...ng_on_Dom.html

Excerpt: "Domenik Hixon was eating lunch at the Timex Performance Center when someone proposed a challenge between him and two of his fastest Giants teammates, Jerrel Jernigan and David Wilson.

Smart money – hypothetically, of course – would be on Jernigan and Wilson, a pair of speedsters whose quickness is their greatest asset. Considering Hixon’s right knee has twice been repaired for ACL tears each of the past two seasons, he surely would be the underdog in such a race.

Not if Hixon’s desire to compete had anything to say about it, however.

“We were arguing about this the other day. We were talking about me, and Jerrel [Jernigan], and David Wilson racing,” Hixon recalled. “And they said, ‘Well, who would you take to win in that race?’ I told them I would take me. Because that’s another thing: People say you’re supposed to be a step slower after knee surgery or whatever.“All that sounds good, but said who? I don’t believe in a lot of stuff like that.”

While so many believed Hixon’s knee would never be able to withstand the rigors of his comeback to the NFL, the seventh-year pro continues to prove those people wrong." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Hixon is a fighter. I never felt like he was done, even after those 2 ACLs. He stepped up when Plaxgate happened (haha that sounds like the name of a toothpaste), he stepped up this season with the injuries to Nicks. Guy gives 110% (part of how he got those ACL injuries in the first place). And strange as it sounds, without his contributions I think we wouldn't have seen the playoffs in 2011. That TD catch vs the Rams was something else, and changed the pace of the game such that we started dominating.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...s-circus-catch

I still get chills watching that catch...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 10-21-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Hixon has been the real X factor, he continues to win his one-on-one battles when they try to take away Nicks and Cruz. Have a ton of faith in this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Hixon has been the real X factor, he continues to win his one-on-one battles when they try to take away Nicks and Cruz. Have a ton of faith in this guy.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

time for his first TD of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    time for his first TD of the year
    Wouldn't that be great??

# 80