+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brown Back To Spell Bradshaw

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...urxChSXqQvE1PI

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw never will say he is carrying too much of a load in the Giants running game, but his body may have chimed in about the subject, as he missed two days of practice this week with a sore foot. That’s what 57 combined rushing attempts in back-to-back games will do to a player dealing with surgically repaired feet.

It figures Bradshaw won’t be quite the workhorse today against the Redskins, as Andre Brown returns after missing one game with a concussion. In consecutive games earlier this season, Brown accounted for 33 carries, 184 rushing yards and three touchdowns to earn additional playing time, and is expected to be reintroduced to the offense this afternoon.

“If we’re rushing the ball good and they want to run the ball 40 times, I hope I get 20,” Brown said. “However they divide up the carries. And you know what coach said, whoever has the hot hand. If they want to let Ahmad go, let him. I’m still a team player first.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

That is good news, I think the load over the last two weeks was just too much. We want to keep the angry running back healthy because we will need him down the road!

i'm ok with the new incarnation of "earth , wind and fire"
    who ever is hot and healthy is fine with me.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

I love watching Ahmad succeed, but if we want him around for a few more years, we are going to have to take some of the load off of his ailing feet. I believe we have the next RB tandem already on the roster in Brown and Wilson. I'd like to see them give Bradshaw 60%, Brown 25% and WIlson 15% for the time being.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I love watching Ahmad succeed, but if we want hm around for a few more years, we are going to have to take some of the load off of his ailing feet. I believe we have the next RB tandem already on the roster in Brown and Wilson. I'd like to see then give Bradshaw 60%, Brown 25% and WIlson 15% for the time being.
    sounds like good percentages to me. And we all know that Wilson can make the most of his 15%.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Sounds like a plan to me. But as you said Coughlin makes the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    sounds like good percentages to me. And we all know that Wilson can make the most of his 15%.
    Exactly, Running backs need enough snaps to get into rhythm. This sort of division of snaps gives them all that opportunity

About time! I agree with this 200%. I like those percentages btw RF. The Giants have such a good depth at the RB position, it wouldn't make sense to unnecessarily overuse anyone at this point. Keeping them all healthy and good to go for the postseason run would be great.

My guess is Bradshaw 50%, Brown 40%, Wilson 10% of all SNAPS.

I do feel that Brown will have more CARRIES, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Sounds like a plan to me. But as you said Coughlin makes the decisions.
    I will always defer to the coaching staff. But I can dream