+ Reply to Thread

Lawrence Tynes Replacement.....

High School kicker makes 67 yard field goal.

SPOKANE, Wash.* -- A Washington state senior hit a 67-yard field goal to tie the mark for the second-longest field goal in a high school game. *

Central Valley High's Austin Rehkow drilled the kick, with distance to spare, to tie a game with Shadle Park High at 55 as regulation expired Thursday night. Central Valley, in the Spokane suburbs, went on to beat Shadle Park 62-55 in overtime. *

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ard-field-goal

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ind...ler_kicks.html

Heck, I say Reese goes out there and offer him a contract after he graduates. let him be Tynes' understudy and workout with Weathervord and DeOssie. By the time he goes through there workouts he'll be kicking 70 yard field goals with ease.

Seems that kicking records are going to be broken soon. Not sure what's going on, but 60 yard field goals aren't that rare anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
    Seems that kicking records are going to be broken soon. Not sure what's going on, but 60 yard field goals aren't that rare anymore.
    I wonder if it has to do with these hybrid workouts that involve squats and stuff

Not saying I'm not giving the kid his props, but you do use a kicking block in HS...makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    Not saying I'm not giving the kid his props, but you do use a kicking block in HS...makes it easier.
    The rush from the defense was also non existent. You'd be lucky as hell to have a kick that low not be blocked in the NFL.

"Nutrition"

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    whats a kicking block? a tee?
    i saw the highlight, it looked like any fg attempt u'd see in college or the nfl. ol v dl, snapper, holder, kicker

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    whats a kicking block? a tee?
    i saw the highlight, it looked like any fg attempt u'd see in college or the nfl. ol v dl, snapper, holder, kicker
    There's a little black block he puts the ball on, can't really see it in the horrible quality video.

I'd give the kid some credit for nailing it to tie a game and send it to overtime, even if it probably would be 100x harder to pull that off in the NFL. Yea that 63 yard FG will be broken one day. My choice is the Raider's great kicker Sebastian Janikowski, who also shares the current record that he got last season week one.

The kicker from the Rams is going to break the record. He tried a 66 yard field goal that missed but easily had the distance.