+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chaos on defense.............

...........even before the ball is snapped.

On several occasions today, I saw players running toward the sideline then back to the line of scrimmage then back off the field. This was all going on while our Dline had already taken their stance ahead of the snap. I saw Kiwi, Tolley and Canty all wrapped up in this yoyo effect moments before the snap. When it comes to personnel, the coaches are in complete control. There is no "interpretation" going on by the players.This pre-snap chaos is another example of something being seriously wrong withthe nonleadership coming from the defensive coaches.

No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Chaos on defense.............

[quote user="jomo"]

On several occasions today, I saw players running toward the sideline then back to the line of scrimmage then back off the field. This was all going on while our Dline had already taken their stance ahead of the snap. I saw Kiwi, Tolley and Canty all wrapped up in this yoyo effect moments before the snap. When it comes to personnel, the coaches are in complete control. There is no "interpretation" going on by the players.This pre-snap chaos is another example of something being seriously wrong withthe nonleadership coming from the defensive coaches.

[/quote]

Totally agree. They couldn't look more confused before the snap if they tried . . . .

"I'm not giving up."

"The mistakes are all correctable."

"We will figure it out and play better."

"We are going to leave it all on the line next week."

blah, blah, and blah.

[quote user="daynemustgo"]"I'm not giving up."

"The mistakes are all correctable."

"We will figure it out and play better."

"We are going to leave it all on the line next week."

blah, blah, and blah.[/quote]Which one of the 3 stooges said that?

We (Perry Fewell) never made a single adjustment to the play action underneath pass routes. They were there all day for the Skins and a free lunch served up by our DC. ..........I'm not a happy camper right now.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"]

On several occasions today, I saw players running toward the sideline then back to the line of scrimmage then back off the field. This was all going on while our Dline had already taken their stance ahead of the snap. I saw Kiwi, Tolley and Canty all wrapped up in this yoyo effect moments before the snap. When it comes to personnel, the coaches are in complete control. There is no "interpretation" going on by the players.*This pre-snap chaos is another example of something being seriously wrong with*the non*leadership coming from the defensive coaches.

[/quote]

you were at the game and saw that?

[quote user="NYSPORTS"][quote user="jomo"]

[/quote] you were at the game and saw that?[/quote]Yessir, chaos and confusion pre-snap.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"][quote user="jomo"]

On several occasions today, I saw players running toward the sideline then back to the line of scrimmage then back off the field. This was all going on while our Dline had already taken their stance ahead of the snap. I saw Kiwi, Tolley and Canty all wrapped up in this yoyo effect moments before the snap. When it comes to personnel, the coaches are in complete control. There is no "interpretation" going on by the players.*This pre-snap chaos is another example of something being seriously wrong with*the non*leadership coming from the defensive coaches.

[/quote] you were at the game and saw that?[/quote]Yessir, chaos and confusion pre-snap.[/quote]

TY

[quote user="jomo"]We (Perry Fewell) never made a single adjustment to the play action underneath pass routes. They were there all day for the Skins and a free lunch served up by our DC. ..........I'm not a happy camper right now.[/quote]

Perry didn't learn anything from the first game against the Skins...

We just need to have the secondary coverage simplified. I have an idea!. Webster, Ross, and Amekamura are 3 PRESS man corners. NOT man corners, but PRESS MAN corners.

Soooo, why not, the whole game, keep them in press man coverage. Give them an opportunity to attack, not read and react. If the get beat, so what? It's not like the other coverage was any more effective. This way, we can blitz our LBs who are also useless in coverage and not send them back on every 3rd down to play zone coverage. It also may throw off the timing of routes...

We should NEVER NEVER NEVER hire a coordinator who has a read and react secondary again. We didn't learn from the Tim Lewis experience.