+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGIII???

Bench Player

RGIII???

How is it that when Eli use to throw 2 INTs and had a fumble, people called him a bum all over the place. But when RGIII does the same (and partly because of it) in a losing effort, people think he is the greatest thing ever?

I am sorry, I have read this story before with Vick and Cam. I know I know.. he is different. Like I have never heard that before either.

Ummmm he's a rookie.

Did you ever get the sense that he was playing like a rookie yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ummmm he's a rookie.

Did you ever get the sense that he was playing like a rookie yesterday?
    I did not feel like we were playing a rookie QB yesterday but their runningback, Morris was a huge part of that. If teams can slow Morris down, RGIII will be much easier to contain. How many fin yeards did he run for in the first half gdamit!

All-Pro
    Well he is just a rookie and he did look good. Maybe his second year is like the one Newton is having. Who knows? The scary thin about that game yesterday was that they have some star defensive p,ayers out for the season and their rookie QB and RB almost beat the Giants.

That Rookie is faster than most pros and all pros aren't good. This is why some future rookies will replace them.

All-Pro
    Also, I know this may sound strange because he had a good game, but I can live with what RG3 did yesterday. It's what their rookie RB did that was very troublesome although having RG3 on the field probably contributed to is success.

RG
    3 sacks
    3 turnovers

RG3 is good in the college offense the skins are running! until d-coordinators can counter the option plays they run he will look like a pro even in his rookie season!

once defenses zero in on their plan RG3 will go the way of Vick, Cam and others who rely on their running skills!

Alfred Morris is a beast which contributes greatly to RG3s success so far. without Morris he wouldnt be nearly as effective as he is imo!

Veteran
    It felt like we were playing a college team. They're running a gimmick O. That doesn't help Bob. He needs to learn to run a complex pro offense to be great in this league. He ran a couple designed runs, and that'll shorten his lifespan. It only takes one big hit, and every defensive player in the league wants to deliver it. Already one concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohann View Post
    It felt like we were playing a college team. They're running a gimmick O. That doesn't help Bob. He needs to learn to run a complex pro offense to be great in this league. He ran a couple designed runs, and that'll shorten his lifespan. It only takes one big hit, and every defensive player in the league wants to deliver it. Already one concussion.
    Agree.

The option offenses being trendy in today's NFL aren't doing new QBs any favors.