+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

In WashDC, Yesterday was sweet

So i am currently in Washington DC on a business trip. I was flying yesterday afternoon so I missed the 1st half of the game. But I quickly met a friend of mine at a sports bar about a block away from my hotel to see the second half.

Needless to say the bar was full of Skins fans, and my buddy and I were the only Giants fans in the place. The crowd, bartenders, and waitresses went nuts and got super loud when RG3 got that 4th down conversion and then their go-ahead touchdown. But I said to my buddy, "that was a great pass, but there's still plenty of time for Eli. Havn't they ever seen Eli in the 4th quarter before?"

Then the game winning TD bomb to Cruz happened and the place went silent. I couldn't help it, I did the Cruz salsa dance back & forth alongside the bar. It was so sweet.

I know I was showboating in enemy territory, but my Giants pride was just so strong at that moment, i was stoked. I love Eli, I love Cruz, I love the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan24 View Post
    So i am currently in Washington DC on a business trip. I was flying yesterday afternoon so I missed the 1st half of the game. But I quickly met a friend of mine at a sports bar about a block away from my hotel to see the second half.

Needless to say the bar was full of Skins fans, and my buddy and I were the only Giants fans in the place. The crowd, bartenders, and waitresses went nuts and got super loud when RG3 got that 4th down conversion and then their go-ahead touchdown. But I said to my buddy, "that was a great pass, but there's still plenty of time for Eli. Havn't they ever seen Eli in the 4th quarter before?"

Then the game winning TD bomb to Cruz happened and the place went silent. I couldn't help it, I did the Cruz salsa dance back & forth alongside the bar. It was so sweet.

I know I was showboating in enemy territory, but my Giants pride was just so strong at that moment, i was stoked. I love Eli, I love Cruz, I love the Giants.
    nothing wrong with that......salsa all you want....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Did anyone give you any trouble? I mean by that time they should have been pretty juiced up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

You probably won't get stabbed in DC like you would Philly or the Bay Area.. lol

Bench Player

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Did anyone give you any trouble? I mean by that time they should have been pretty juiced up
    nah, it was all in good fun. sure I got a fair share of (understandably) dirty looks, but thats all. I was pretty juicied up, sports are fun

that a pimp sotry! Glad to hear you were able to enjoy your day!!

Only if our wives, at least mine, shared the same passion we have in our NY Football Giants!

They all deserve it. I live near D.C and all I hear is how RG3 is the second coming. Piss off Skins.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan24 View Post
    So i am currently in Washington DC on a business trip. I was flying yesterday afternoon so I missed the 1st half of the game. But I quickly met a friend of mine at a sports bar about a block away from my hotel to see the second half. Needless to say the bar was full of Skins fans, and my buddy and I were the only Giants fans in the place. The crowd, bartenders, and waitresses went nuts and got super loud when RG3 got that 4th down conversion and then their go-ahead touchdown. But I said to my buddy, "that was a great pass, but there's still plenty of time for Eli. Havn't they ever seen Eli in the 4th quarter before?" Then the game winning TD bomb to Cruz happened and the place went silent. I couldn't help it, I did the Cruz salsa dance back & forth alongside the bar. It was so sweet. I know I was showboating in enemy territory, but my Giants pride was just so strong at that moment, i was stoked. I love Eli, I love Cruz, I love the Giants.
    The least they could have done was provided some chips with salsa
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1