+ Reply to Thread

Calm and cool as Eli? Almost.

Late game the Redskins were picking up big chunks of yardage before bombing us for the go ahead score. During the drive I was saying to my son, "If they are smart, they oughta take their time with this. They don't want to leave Eli with too much clock."

They scored on the next play.

I was like, "Ok, we got this." I just knew Eli was going to win it for us outright, or at worst put us in postion to get a FG to tie.

Then we score right away, I became a little nervous. I didn't like giving the other team all the time back. I was worried our defense might not put it away.

Then sweet relief when Chase stripped 'em for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Late game the Redskins were picking up big chunks of yardage before bombing us for the go ahead score. During the drive I was saying to my son, "If they are smart, they oughta take their time with this. They don't want to leave Eli with too much clock."

They scored on the next play.

I was like, "Ok, we got this." I just knew Eli was going to win it for us outright, or at worst put us in postion to get a FG to tie.

Then we score right away, I became a little nervous. I didn't like giving the other team all the time back. I was worried our defense might not put it away.

Then sweet relief when Chase stripped 'em for the win.
    For some reason, I wasn't really nervouse at all. If we didn't get that turnover, I think we would have won the game 9 out of 10 times. It just wasn't going well for them and they weren't moving the ball fast enough. The game would have came down to a Hail Mary pass.

I thought it was the end after the Skins scored late. Not because I didn't trust Eli, but he wasn't having a good game (I don't blame him, it happens) then he just goes out there and bombs a 77 yarder like it was nothing. That was a heck of a win.

All-Pro
    I've grown to be confident when Eli goes on the field late in the game trailing but yesterday I had my doubts. He wasn't playing well yesterday. He picked a great time to make up for a not so good day.