+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chase Blackburn

Chase Blackburn

I was one of his biggest detractors for years. I was even glad when he was finally gone. I thought we would be a better team without him.

I was wrong. Sure, you can complain about the missed tackles, too slow, yada yada. (All things I have said myself.) However, the man just comes up big for us almost weekly and usually when we need it most. He has turned me into a fan.

Say what you want, but I think we are very fortunate to have him on our team. Thank you Chase!

Chase is the blue collar defender the team needs. We are stacked with talent. What we needed (especially last year) was a guy who was all effort to show all the talent on the team how to give 100% every play. He is a HUGE reason for our success since coming back.

All-Pro
    I don't see how you can't like the guy, but especially against a guy like RG3 they need fast LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Chase is the blue collar defender the team needs. We are stacked with talent. What we needed (especially last year) was a guy who was all effort to show all the talent on the team how to give 100% every play. He is a HUGE reason for our success since coming back.
    I agree.....the week they brought him back was the week the defense started to turn around....I know there were other factors as well.

Athletically......he is what he is. But he's a student the game, and positionally, he is usually were he is supposed to be....and he gets the other guys in the right spots too.

And like the OP said, he comes up with some huge plays (usually right after I'm yelling at the TV to get Blackburn off the field because he's too slow).
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell