+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Think Panthers may want Marc Ross

Would be a big loss to the organization. Far bigger than any FA they have lost recently.

Thoughts?

On the surface I would agree, but just like the team "Next man up".

Well hes the man right under Reese, so he would be a big loss. Hopefully Reese has a plan worked out for his replacement. I'm sure Ross was letting Reese know he was thinking about leaving and hopefully they started getting some other person on our staff up to speed! I think we will be okay, Reese is still here, he might have to do more work this next off season until he gets someone up to speed though..

It would be a huge loss for sure, but is that a desireable job (at least as far as NFL GM joobs go)? It sounds like the owner is a real pain in the ***. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    It would be a huge loss for sure, but is that a desireable job (at least as far as NFL GM joobs go)? It sounds like the owner is a real pain in the ***. . . . .
    Every GM or head coach job is desirable. There are only 32 of those available. You get a chance you have to take it

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Would be a big loss to the organization. Far bigger than any FA they have lost recently.

Thoughts?
    Ross is a Reese disciple.

Reese will find another one. I like Marc Ross, but I'd be more worried about losing Reese and having Ross as our GM, then Ross going to be GM on another team.

That's not a reflection of Marc Ross ... just that I don't think he's the lynch pin around which all of our successful drafting revolves around.

Just saw your tweet to mike haha

Every GM or head coach job is desirable. There are only 32 of those available. You get a chance you have to take it
    Yeah, I guess . . . . . but if he's that much of a shining star, I'd have to think there might be some better opportunities for him at the end of the season. Taking a bad job and failing because of a bad situation could make it impossible to ever get another job.

In any event, whether it's this job or another, he's not going to be around long . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Yeah, I guess . . . . . but if he's that much of a shining star, I'd have to think there might be some better opportunities for him at the end of the season. Taking a bad job and failing because of a bad situation could make it impossible to ever get another job.

In any event, whether it's this job or another, he's not going to be around long . . . . .
    Very few people have the poise (or the total balls) to turn down a GM job in the NFL (especially given if that's your career track, which in Ross' case it is).

And in most circumstances, turning down a GM (or HC) job offer is detrimental to your career. Billionaires don't like to feel slighted and they tend to be a tight knit group.

actually their are only 31 of those available, Dallas does not have one.