+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Not Liking Our Defense ...

... but while we are #24 in total defense, we are #9 in points scored against.

I have absolutely no faith in our defense BUT they do seem to make the stops (most times) when they need to. Like one of those bad action movies where the hero diffuses the bomb with a microsecond left on the timer.

What are your thoughts on our defense and Perry Fewell?

Certainly something to be concerned about. It needs to improve as well as our running game.

I have faith because they seem to come up with big playts at times. 5-2 I cant really complain much. The pics put them in two bad situations yesterday.
    They kept the score close and the O was able to win it. They also held Morris quiet in the 2nd half.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    I've been defending them but I'm getting tired of doing so. I think they have talent but are not consistent. At least they made adjustments yesterday, started to get pressure on the QB, and force some TO's.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Certainly something to be concerned about. It needs to improve as well as our running game.
    I don't think anything can be gleaned about the running game from Sundays game. There wasn't any real attempt to establish a running game.
    Last edited by JB456; 10-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.

They just aren't consistent. At times they look like the number one defense in the league, and then the worst. So I don't know, I hope they show up Sunday.

MUCH better.

I give them a pass yesterday because they faced a very unique player for the first time.

No excuses this week though . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I have faith because they seem to come up with big playts at times. 5-2 I cant really complain much. The pics put them in two bad situations yesterday.
    They kept the score close and the O was able to win it. They also held Morris quiet in the 2nd half.
    I agree, although my "faith" probably looks more like "closing my eyes and crossing my fingers". Unfortunately, Fewell's game plan often seems to consist of the same.

BUT you are right ... they get the job done, one way or the other.

I'd just like to get through some of these games without punting my cat through the window, ya know?

This year the defense seems more worried about generating the turnovers when there's open field behind them. It's only at the goal line where they become 100% committed to all out stopping the offense. It's nice enough when the turnovers happen, but if not, then our defense is usually sunk.

I wish we could generate the pass rush we could last year. It was nice to see that again vs the 49ers, but other than that our pass rush has been largely non-existent... seems like PF is starting to truly mold this defense in his image.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

The stats that matter the most when discussing defense are points allowed and 3rd down percentage.