+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Keys to Cowboys Game

Cowboys offense- The qb makes fairly good reads when he gets in rythm and runs his read progression off of open space in the field which he also checks to a draw play off of. The defense needs to move the spacing around both before and after the snap using the open space read against them. The qb wants to escape the pocket and get into the open and extend the play, he tends to hesitate and is not comfortable when making throws from the pocket.

Cowboys defense- When running the ball,unlike the passing game, the offensive lineman do not need to find defenders to block, rather they need to drive forward allowing the running back to lead defenders to them.

They have one of, if not, the best defense in the league. As much as we've come to expect Eli to single-handedly win every game in the 4th quarter, I think our defense will have to heavily contribute in this one.

If we play like we did for the first half against the Skins and allow Felix to run the ball all over us, we're screwed. Our secondary also needs to get their heads out of their a####.

However, I do see us getting to Romo a lot more than RG3. Romo is not nearly as mobile as RG3 was and I can already see Osi coming from his blindside with his famous strip/sack.

Veteran
    If our run d doesn't improve we will lose. Their D is too tough to have a shoot out.

Our WR have to beat press coverage

Veteran
    I believe the biggest key will be to score more points then them - i am a firm believer in this scenario from game to game. The math of it all still boggles my mind but with some complex calculations involving vectors and binomial approximations it does prove that this wins out 99.9 percent of the time - unless your qb is mcnabb in OT and you get confused - then you need to add confidence intervals into the math and things get tricky. Also the game can't be reffed by Ed hochuli cause then you need to add outside factors like who he is rooting for and what the number 7 truly means. But again I stick to the key of scoring more points....i think.
    Last edited by dave56dj; 10-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.

People have to remember that was the 1st game of the season they can be thrown on...Jay Cutler did it very well. We just need the running game to contribute a little more then they did yesterday.With Nicks practicing and getting healthy more I expect him to have a big game against Claiborne. He is our best wr at beating press coverage.Cruz will also get his if Nicks gets it going. That could spell a long day for the Boys but we will see. 1st meeting teams were getting to feel each other out now they have a sense of each other and I expect more points from the Giants with the Cowboys having the same.

Not to mention the real refs actually call holding, we have Will Beatty back who has been an absolute force for us, our pass rush, even though it's not at playoff level yet, is starting to show up, Bradshaw hulked out, and pretty much we're a waaaaay better team than we were in week 1. Meanwhile dallas struggled to beat carolina, a team we damn near dropped a 40 burger on...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

You don't stop that run, which we didn't do last time, were in big trouble!

Giants need to play PHYSICAL ball and force Dallas to make mistakes. Frequent big hits will soften down this fancy pants football team and when they are softened up, ram the ball down their throats and utilize short to medium range passing plays.

Veteran
    Nah - again guys scoring more points is way more important - trust me - its science.