+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Insider: Nicks Looking Like Old Self Continues To Play Catchup

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1189855

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks
    showed flashes of his old burst in Sunday’s win over the Washington Redskins. But Tom Coughlin says the wideout still has a long way to go as he recovers from knee and foot issues that have plagued him throughout this season. “I think he gets a little bit better each week,” Coughlin said Monday. “He’s mentally better. I don’t think he’s always physically able to do the things he wants to do, or we want him to do. But on the whole, he’s OK.”

Nicks caught five passes for 53 yards on Sunday, after his first full week of practice, and he said he felt less tentative running his routes and “a little bit more confident” in his ability to run and separate.

“I feel good,” he said. “I feel like I’m getting back into it.”

It was Nicks’ second game back in the lineup, after three weeks off.

Nicks has battled lingering pains in the foot he broke back in May, and he’s also struggled with a swollen left knee in recent weeks. With Nicks slowed, Eli Manning has relied more heavily on Victor Cruz, and that connection has continued to thrive.

But a healthy Nicks would help greatly against the revamped Cowboys secondary this Sunday. Nicks managed just 38 yards against the Cowboys in the season opener, when he was clearly slowed by his foot injury. But he said he hopes to be at full strength in time for this Sunday’s rematch in Dallas, and he added that he will shoulder a full practice load for the second straight week.

“I think it’ll keep getting better,” Nicks said. “Hopefully by next week, I plan on being my full self.”
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i peg him at 80% right now ... if he can go to 85 vs. Dallas and get to 100% in 3 or 4 more weeks, im fine with that

and he was in position to catch that back shoulder, bread and butter play, but Easy E sailed it a bit ... and even though we didnt end up needing it due to Eli to Cruz !!!!! .... it did pollute the board more ... OMG, OMG, OMG WE THREW IT, OMG, OMG .... please !!!!
    Apologize to Melo 5

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shoooooooot

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shoooooooot

Please refrain from using that word when referring to a WR on the giants
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Please refrain from using that word when referring to a WR on the giants
    ROFL!