+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Whos ur top 3 rated CB's as of now(oct 23 2012) for 2012 NFL Draft???

  1. #1
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485

    Whos ur top 3 rated CB's as of now(oct 23 2012) for 2012 NFL Draft???

    There is one heck of a crop of CB's, but believe it or not, i think theres alot of debate to whos the best and 2nd best and so on and so fourth.. Guys like Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer, Carrington Byndom, Jonathan Banks, all seem to be moving up most weeks, and on occasion, down like Byndom a few weeks back, but hes since put a great game together and is back up there.. I absoulutley love Xavier Rhodes size/speed combonation as well, and think he'd be my 1st CB off the board, if i made the decisons.. After that, to me, it gets really close with like 5CB's all looking outstanding.. I'm talking about Demarcus Milliner Bama, Jonathan Banks Miss St, Jordan Poyer Org St, Carrington Byndom Tex, and Desmond Trufant Wash.. To me u can't go wrong with any of those guys.. I'm not huge on David Amerson right now, but he does have some talent, but has been way to inconsistent this yr..


    Right now, my rankings for CB's would go like this..

    1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
    2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- Unbelievably good!
    3. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama
    4. Jonathan Banks CB Miss St- tough call for me with banks and milliner..
    5. Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    6. Carrington Byndom CB Texas

    a couple good ones not on this list- Micah Hyde Iowa, Rod Sweeting G.Tech, and Terry Hawthorne Illinois...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    There is one heck of a crop of CB's, but believe it or not, i think theres alot of debate to whos the best and 2nd best and so on and so fourth.. Guys like Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer, Carrington Byndom, Jonathan Banks, all seem to be moving up most weeks, and on occasion, down like Byndom a few weeks back, but hes since put a great game together and is back up there.. I absoulutley love Xavier Rhodes size/speed combonation as well, and think he'd be my 1st CB off the board, if i made the decisons.. After that, to me, it gets really close with like 5CB's all looking outstanding.. I'm talking about Demarcus Milliner Bama, Jonathan Banks Miss St, Jordan Poyer Org St, Carrington Byndom Tex, and Desmond Trufant Wash.. To me u can't go wrong with any of those guys.. I'm not huge on David Amerson right now, but he does have some talent, but has been way to inconsistent this yr..


    Right now, my rankings for CB's would go like this..

    1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
    2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- Unbelievably good!
    3. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama
    4. Jonathan Banks CB Miss St- tough call for me with banks and milliner..
    5. Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    6. Carrington Byndom CB Texas

    a couple good ones not on this list- Micah Hyde Iowa, Rod Sweeting G.Tech, and Terry Hawthorne Illinois...
    U touched on most. I think Tharold Simon from LSU is very good as well. I cant recall him getting beat for a TD yet. He took over the game on the last drive against A&M this week. He was in man coverage twice and he was practically in the guys uniform he had him covered so well. The 3rd target they were in zone and he picked off Manziel to seal the game

  3. #3
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U touched on most. I think Tharold Simon from LSU is very good as well. I cant recall him getting beat for a TD yet. He took over the game on the last drive against A&M this week. He was in man coverage twice and he was practically in the guys uniform he had him covered so well. The 3rd target they were in zone and he picked off Manziel to seal the game
    ya, simon is really solid, and at worst, i should of had em on the "good ones not on list"...

    Hey Redeye, u know anything about the Corner from UCONN? Hes got a crazy name.. And whats ur take on a couple sleepers of mine , Adrian Bushell Louisville and Brandon McGee Miami? McGee seems to have all the tools, but just needs to put em all together on the field.. Hes got the size and speed u want, but leaves u wanting more with his natural athletic ability and size/speed.. Guy was the top rated Corner outta florida sr yr in HS...

    Nigel Malone CB Kansas St is a suer fire solid 3rd-5th rd CB as well.. I think ur getting a steal with him.. With webster falling off a cliff this yr, and TT seemingly along ways away if ever from being what he was on his way to be, we might need 2 CB's to pair with Prince and Hosley..

  4. #4
    I am not sure of the order just yet, but as of right now I would go with:

    Rhodes
    Milliner
    Banks
    Poyer
    Trufant.

    I think Rhodes would be the best for for the Giants, but I am not sure if he is the best prospect overall largely due to his knee injury in 2011. He may drop some because of it.

  5. #5
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am not sure of the order just yet, but as of right now I would go with:

    Rhodes
    Milliner
    Banks
    Poyer
    Trufant.

    I think Rhodes would be the best for for the Giants, but I am not sure if he is the best prospect overall largely due to his knee injury in 2011. He may drop some because of it.
    Ya, 'As of now" was what i'm looking for, not final rankings.. Just as of now.. Xavier Rhodes, Prince Amukumura, and Jayron Hosley would be a dream trio in my opinion, as far as GMEN Corners.. I honestly believe Poyers gonna be this yrs Kareem Jackson, as far as riser who goes in the mid 1st rd.. Hes just the complete package, albeit he did have a arrest in May for something? As far as talent though, hes got it all.. He has made some outstanding hits as well.. Seen him drill a cat on tape from a game last yr, and he really stuck em.. Hes something man...

    I'm all aboard the Poyer express!!!!lol I like the fact hes been going against a speed demon like Markus Wheaton the past couple yrs in practice as well, as that can only help.. There certainly aren't many faster then Wheaton...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, 'As of now" was what i'm looking for, not final rankings.. Just as of now.. Xavier Rhodes, Prince Amukumura, and Jayron Hosley would be a dream trio in my opinion, as far as GMEN Corners.. I honestly believe Poyers gonna be this yrs Kareem Jackson, as far as riser who goes in the mid 1st rd.. Hes just the complete package, albeit he did have a arrest in May for something? As far as talent though, hes got it all.. He has made some outstanding hits as well.. Seen him drill a cat on tape from a game last yr, and he really stuck em.. Hes something man...

    I'm all aboard the Poyer express!!!!lol I like the fact hes been going against a speed demon like Markus Wheaton the past couple yrs in practice as well, as that can only help.. There certainly aren't many faster then Wheaton...
    The 1 guy you like, who I am not as fond of at this time is Byndom.I understand Geno Smith can make anyone look bad, but Texas' defense, particularly Byndom had a horrid game. But, it was more than just that game.

    In fact, I am a little down on all of Texas' defense because for a team that supposedly has all this NFL caliber talent on defense, they sure have stunk it up this year. They supposedly have 2 quality NFL ends, a top notch NFL quality CB and a all world safety, and a somewhat highly rated MLB. That is a lot of supposed talent for a team giving up over 35 points per game. Every time I watch them they seem to be getting gashed for huge chunks. Personally, I will have to take a much closer look at anyone from Texas right now because they are actually getting worse as the year goes on and are currently near the last in almost every stat category and ranked 107th in overal defense giving up near 500 yards per game.

    While I know a single player cannot be rated by team stats, it does make me want to go back and review their play a little closer to see exactly how much they are contributing to the struggles. I can tell you this tho, opposing offenses are not shying away from throwing at Byndom like teams are scared of throwing at the other Cbs we both listed. And when teams do throw are Byndom he isnt making them pay for it the way the other guys have.

    I understand Texas offense is miserable and cant hold the ball for long time, but this isnt the NFL college there are over 100 people on the roster and teams dont tire so easily by being forced to stay on the field for a long time. I just want to see more vs good competition.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-24-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  7. #7
    My oh my how far Amerson and Johnny Adams have dropped.

    Since I'm holding onto my TJ McDonald pick at 32 this year, I wouldn't mind scooping up Hawthorne in the second. He's looked solid.

    Rhodes has actually impressed me for someone I already thought of as a first rounder to begin with. We all knew he was strong, but he's looked solid shadowing receivers past 8 yards after beginning in heavy man. I actually think Milliner is flirting with the position of top CB in terms of performance, but I think Rhodes and Banks are more likely to succeed in press at the next level.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    My oh my how far Amerson and Johnny Adams have dropped.

    Since I'm holding onto my TJ McDonald pick at 32 this year, I wouldn't mind scooping up Hawthorne in the second. He's looked solid.

    Rhodes has actually impressed me for someone I already thought of as a first rounder to begin with. We all knew he was strong, but he's looked solid shadowing receivers past 8 yards after beginning in heavy man. I actually think Milliner is flirting with the position of top CB in terms of performance, but I think Rhodes and Banks are more likely to succeed in press at the next level.
    I have no problem with TJ, tho I think his stock is a lil down this year. But, I just dont see us going safety anymore. I think the emergence of Steve Brown and Will Hill give us good depth and possible future starters. I also dont know if you can ever say a safety is a value play in the 1st round, unless he is a complete freak , which I dont see TJ as. We did take KP in the 1st round, but that was when safety was a HUGE need.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-03-2012 at 04:58 AM.

  9. #9
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The 1 guy you like, who I am not as fond of at this time is Byndom.I understand Geno Smith can make anyone look bad, but Texas' defense, particularly Byndom had a horrid game. But, it was more than just that game.

    In fact, I am a little down on all of Texas' defense because for a team that supposedly has all this NFL caliber talent on defense, they sure have stunk it up this year. They supposedly have 2 quality NFL ends, a top notch NFL quality CB and a all world safety, and a somewhat highly rated MLB. That is a lot of supposed talent for a team giving up over 35 points per game. Every time I watch them they seem to be getting gashed for huge chunks. Personally, I will have to take a much closer look at anyone from Texas right now because they are actually getting worse as the year goes on and are currently near the last in almost every stat category and ranked 107th in overal defense giving up near 500 yards per game.

    While I know a single player cannot be rated by team stats, it does make me want to go back and review their play a little closer to see exactly how much they are contributing to the struggles. I can tell you this tho, opposing offenses are not shying away from throwing at Byndom like teams are scared of throwing at the other Cbs we both listed. And when teams do throw are Byndom he isnt making them pay for it the way the other guys have.

    I understand Texas offense is miserable and cant hold the ball for long time, but this isnt the NFL college there are over 100 people on the roster and teams dont tire so easily by being forced to stay on the field for a long time. I just want to see more vs good competition.
    ya, but i have dropped Byndom down to 6th on my CB listing and he bounced back nicely after that terrible WV game.. Byndom is solid, but was certainly terrible against WV, no doubt.. I woulden't take em in the 1st, but if i understand fully someone taking em early 2nd though.

    Again, i am in love with Jordan Poyer as a prospect.. I can't say enough about that kid... I'd be stoked if we got him in RD 1 to kinda round out our CB grouping going forward with Prince and jayron.. Coe looked suspect against Dallas, and Webster will be a cap casualty after this yr, i believe.. Either way, its gonna be tough to overtake Xavier Rhodes on my personal Rankings, but Poyer certainly is a guy who could challenge.. Hes definetly turning into this yrs Earl Thomas, Kenny Britt, Akeem Ayers, Whitney Mercilus, as far as guy i really fall head over heals for.. Obviously i love a ton of other prospects, but u know what i mean...

  10. #10
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    My oh my how far Amerson and Johnny Adams have dropped.

    Since I'm holding onto my TJ McDonald pick at 32 this year, I wouldn't mind scooping up Hawthorne in the second. He's looked solid.

    Rhodes has actually impressed me for someone I already thought of as a first rounder to begin with. We all knew he was strong, but he's looked solid shadowing receivers past 8 yards after beginning in heavy man. I actually think Milliner is flirting with the position of top CB in terms of performance, but I think Rhodes and Banks are more likely to succeed in press at the next level.
    Ya, i woulden't be upset if TJ was our 1st rder, as we have no depth at the positon, especially if we lose KP to FA'cy, and with Rolle being so pricey, u never know when he could be a cap casualty... Also, as awesome as Stevie Brown has been, u have to wonder if he'll keep it up over the long haul? Either way, it'd be smart to lock down another safety in the first few rd's at least.. Baccari Rambo is a guy i'd seriously consider in RD's 2or3 if hes still available.. A good sized playmaking saftey...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts