+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whos ur top 3 rated CB's as of now(oct 23 2012) for 2012 NFL Draft???

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i woulden't be upset if TJ was our 1st rder, as we have no depth at the positon, especially if we lose KP to FA'cy, and with Rolle being so pricey, u never know when he could be a cap casualty... Also, as awesome as Stevie Brown has been, u have to wonder if he'll keep it up over the long haul? Either way, it'd be smart to lock down another safety in the first few rd's at least.. Baccari Rambo is a guy i'd seriously consider in RD's 2or3 if hes still available.. A good sized playmaking saftey...
    I agree that we dont fully know yet what we have in Brown or Hill. But, their emergence has lessened the need, even if only some.

I said this last year going into the draft and I think this year it will be even more true: It seems like the number of "need" positions has been going up and up in recent years.

You could make a legit argument that we have STRONG need at all of the following positions:
    Tackle
    Guard
    TE
    MLB
    OLB
    DT
    DE
    CB
    and S

I actually think on that list safety might closer to the bottom rather than the top merely because of the emergence of some young talent at the positions.

It is going to be perhaps the most important offseason under Reese short career.

Veteran
    There is one heck of a crop of CB's, but believe it or not, i think theres alot of debate to whos the best and 2nd best and so on and so fourth.. Guys like Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer, Carrington Byndom, Jonathan Banks, all seem to be moving up most weeks, and on occasion, down like Byndom a few weeks back, but hes since put a great game together and is back up there.. I absoulutley love Xavier Rhodes size/speed combonation as well, and think he'd be my 1st CB off the board, if i made the decisons.. After that, to me, it gets really close with like 5CB's all looking outstanding.. I'm talking about Demarcus Milliner Bama, Jonathan Banks Miss St, Jordan Poyer Org St, Carrington Byndom Tex, and Desmond Trufant Wash.. To me u can't go wrong with any of those guys.. I'm not huge on David Amerson right now, but he does have some talent, but has been way to inconsistent this yr..

Right now, my rankings for CB's would go like this..

1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
    2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- Unbelievably good!
    3. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama
    4. Jonathan Banks CB Miss St- tough call for me with banks and milliner..
    5. Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    6. Carrington Byndom CB Texas

a couple good ones not on this list- Micah Hyde Iowa, Rod Sweeting G.Tech, and Terry Hawthorne Illinois...
    I would put Tharold Simon 3rd and Miliner 3.5-4th. Simon is just a physical guy that can close the gap, trail technique doesn't give much after the press at the line. good tackler can lay a good hit every now and then. I would Like to draft him but i don't see him coming out of the First round nor do i see us drafting a corner in the first round.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have no problem with TJ, tho I think his stock is a lil down this year. But, I just dont see us going safety anymore. I think the emergence of Steve Brown and Will Hill give us good depth and possible future starters. I also dont know if you can ever say a safety is a value play in the 1st round, unless he is a complete freak , which I dont see TJ as. We did take KP in the 1st round, but that was when safety was a HUGE need.
    While I am more than ecstatic to have Brown and Hill as depth, that's exactly how I see them: depth. Hill has been playing Grant's old position. And while Brown has been playing well in single deep high and occasionally stacked in the box, it's certainly not the more encompassing and demanding rolle KP plays. TJ looks like the type Giants would draft in a large safety capable of playing both positions where they can eliminate the free and strong designations. Dream scenario would be a TJ / KP backfield, but with Rolle's restructures, it would be a difficult cut to make.

And of course, I'm thinking of this pick being at #32.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    While I am more than ecstatic to have Brown and Hill as depth, that's exactly how I see them: depth. Hill has been playing Grant's old position. And while Brown has been playing well in single deep high and occasionally stacked in the box, it's certainly not the more encompassing and demanding rolle KP plays. TJ looks like the type Giants would draft in a large safety capable of playing both positions where they can eliminate the free and strong designations. Dream scenario would be a TJ / KP backfield, but with Rolle's restructures, it would be a difficult cut to make.

And of course, I'm thinking of this pick being at #32.
    I do not agree on TJ. Coming into this year I would have agreed. But this year he is NOT playing well. Review the Cal video redeye posted and you will see what I mean. He has exhibited poor footwork, poor tackling, bad angles, very bad zone coverage technique and last but not least, it seems like he will flat out give up on some plays.I also watched that Oregon game where Barner abused TJ and he was routinely caught out of position.

Based on what I have seen from him this year, he is not a 1st round talent. That is something I would not have said in august. In fact, I think he had fallen to a day 2 prospect based on his play this year.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-10-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Not sure how a lot/most of you don't have Alabama CB Dee Milliner as the top rated CB in this years draft. He's not elite like say Patrick Peterson, but I have no doubt that he'll be the first corner off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter View Post
    Not sure how a lot/most of you don't have Alabama CB Dee Milliner as the top rated CB in this years draft. He's not elite like say Patrick Peterson, but I have no doubt that he'll be the first corner off the board.
    I like Milliner, but he comes from a team that gets pressure on the QB often, and that is some of the reason hes so good.. I mean, u got Nico Johnson, Damian Square, CJ Mosley, Robert Lester, Quintan Dial, Jesse Williams, just 2 name a few.. I still like em alot, just think that people are underrating Jordan Poyer and Xavier Rhodes.. To be honest, i started this about a month ago, and since my rankings have changed.. And its not about whos taken first overall, because if we just went by who we thought was gonna go first overall as 2 who we like the most, we'd be wrong a ton.. I loved Doug Martin last yr for instance, knew he was gonna rise to first rd , months before he actually did.. Most had em as a 3rd rd pick when i was saying this.. Thats just one example..

I actually got Milliner as my 2nd ranked CB now.. I moved Jordan Poyer into my top CB.. I don't care what anyone says, this guys the complete package, and i think if he don't creep into the 1st rd, he'll go first 10picks of 2nd rd.. Hes sensational, and a huge reason why Org St is having such a good yr..

POYER's got 6picks, 4TFL, 1sack, 1FF, 1FR, 11PBU, and 37TACKLES in 9games... Everytime i see them play, hes made a diffrence...

Right now, i'd go

1. Jordan Poyer Org St.
    2. Demarcus Milliner Bama
    3. Xavier Rhodes Fla St.
    4. Jon Banks Miss St.
    5. Logan Ryan Rutgers

I've changed up my listing .. I like other CB's, like Desmond Trufant, Terrry Hawthroner, Carrington Byndom, and Micah Hyde, but those would be my top 5..

I like Milliner, but he comes from a team that gets pressure on the QB often, and that is some of the reason hes so good..
    Same could be said about Xavier Rhodes. Florida State has one of the best if not best defense in the country. To me Milliner is just the cream of the crop this year at the cornerback position. I'm sure come draft time Milliner will rise up to #1 corner in your rankings lol. Anyhow, here's my top 3 as of right now.

1) Dee Milliner, Bama
    2) Johnthan Banks, Miss St.
    3) Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.

Same could be said about Xavier Rhodes. Florida State has one of the best if not best defense in the country. To me Milliner is just the cream of the crop this year at the cornerback position. I'm sure come draft time Milliner will rise up to #1 corner in your rankings lol. Anyhow, here's my top 3 as of right now.

1) Dee Milliner, Bama
    good point. I like the physicality that Rhodes plays with, and his potentail.. Fantastic size/speed combanation..

1) Dee Milliner, Bama
    To me that is the top 3, especially for this team. We like our corners to be physical and those 3 can cover and can tackle. Those 3 are the types of players that can play corner for years and then move to safety.

Chapman from Kansas St. doesn't look all that bad..

+ Reply to Thread