+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Its time to respect Gilbride's system, and the coaches.

In the 3 seasons plax played as the #1 he had 3227 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Steve smith had 107 catches 1,220 yards and 7 touchdowns when he was the #1.

hakeem nicks has played pretty damn good his "first 2 years as the #1 with 2244 yards and 18 touchdowns.

There is a pattern here. Every receiver Eli has thrown to as the number 1 has been very productive averaging 1000+ yards per season with each of them putting up pro bowl numbers. And quite frankly, If nicks were to leave at the end of this year, we would all be down, but the next #1 would step up and have 1000+ yards if he stays healthy.

Ive seen games where derick hagan would come in and have a career day. guys like ramses barden would put up 100 yard games. I remember manninham having some big games when he was called on to be the #1. Man, even RoanokeFan would have a career day if he was called on to be the #1. it doesnt seem to matter who it is.

I have grown to love gilbrides style. Sure he does things that are questionable. What other team plays in the shotgun formation on 3rd and 1's?

"sometimes i scream at the tv like "wtf!?", but at the end of the day this is our style and this is how we play the game. no other team runs their offense like ours and this is part of what makes us dangerous to defend. If its 3rd and short you better not stack people at the line looking for the draw or the short pass, because you might just get burned deep. However, we might just run the draw or pass it short =).. i love the fact that our offense is so complicated. That makes it harder to defend if executed at its full potential.

If this season was to fall apart and we were to lose every game, i will still respect our coaches for what they have brought to this team. In my opinion KG is no different from eli. Yeah he will do some bone head things at times and he takes a lot of heat for it, but at the end of the day, hes one of the best. Just look at his record.

In basketball one person could take over and control a game by himself. In basketball, there is no chess match between the coaches. Football is different. Football is the biggest definition of the word team in my opinion. It is impossible for 1 person to take over a game on his own and score without the help of his teammates. It would be naive to think that the reason our offense is so good is only because of Eli. Its also the coaches.

thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 10-23-2012 at 09:40 AM.

I am one of those fans who loves the sport of football and loves the Giants. I am ok with X's and O's but a far cry from many of you guys. I will piss and moan about plays and such. BUt overall I assume every fan of every team pisses and moans about the coaches, players, drafts, etc. I will let the FO handle that stuff and I trust they know what they are doing. Also every play is drawn up to work but nor evey play works obviously for one reason or the other. Offense as well as defense.
    If, as a Giants fan, you cant or dont ultimately respect the coaches and what they have accomplished at this stage of the game you have big time issues.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

But it's all Gilbride's fault.

am i being overly sensitive or is this board out of control these days??? ... we are not only the champs, but even the media that doesnt like NY is still forced to admit that when we are clicking, we have the highest ceiling of any team in the NFL

why wouldnt people enjoy that???

and i've been watching football for 37 years, but i cant imagine being so delusional to think that i know more than KG does about offense or Perry knows about defense ... how do they get that delusional

listen it's fine during the heat of the moment to say anything, but we are now a couple days beyond the Skins game and people are still going crazy and, helloooooooooooooo

WE WON!!!

shees, very frustrating, but im glad your fighting the good fight

and the bottom line is players play coaches coach ... KG doesnt ever throw an INT and PF doesnt miss any tackles ... this coordinator obsession is really weird
    Apologize to Melo 5

Keep the change...

Kidding aside, good post. Offensive team stats have been consistent since Gilbride has been here. We may not like some of his calls, but at the end of the day his play calling gets results.

Giants fan since the early 80s

No one is perfect....I'm pretty sure we all like to think that if we were the ones making the play calls, the team would be undefeated.

I love our coaching staff, and yes, there are times where I curse out Gilbride and Fewel for messing up, but overall, I'm fine with the coaching staff we have. They've proven that they can create gameplans to help us win games and championships.

I've respected his ways for quite some time, people will always find a reason to hate but him and Eli are one of the best coach/qb tandems in the league.

All because of a FIRST CLASS organization!!!!

Really? We have to? I'm not a Gilbride fan. Never have been, never will. I think we win in spite of him. I think Eli and our other talented players overcome his horrible play calling. He runs it when we need to pass, he passes it when we need to run (just like in the Skins game when eli threw 2nd int). He will completely abandon passing until 3rd down when his obvious run plays get stuffed.

He is a dinosaur. He frustrates the heck out of me. Been that way for years. Cant complain about the results, but again, Its the players overcoming no imagination playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am one of those fans who loves the sport of football and loves the Giants. I am ok with X's and O's but a far cry from many of you guys. I will piss and moan about plays and such. BUt overall I assume every fan of every team pisses and moans about the coaches, players, drafts, etc. I will let the FO handle that stuff and I trust they know what they are doing. Also every play is drawn up to work but nor evey play works obviously for one reason or the other. Offense as well as defense.
    If, as a Giants fan, you cant or dont ultimately respect the coaches and what they have accomplished at this stage of the game you have big time issues.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1