+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our play calling needs to change once we establish a lead in the 4th

Too many times to we opt for passing plays when we have the lead in the 4th. We need to run more and chew up the clock. It's a big reason why we have a hard time closing teams out, we're always giving them more time than they should have to make plays.

Don't you have to have a consistently good running game to accomplish that? Also, doesn't the defense you're playing against dictate your play calling to some degree?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't you have to have a consistently good running game to accomplish that? Also, doesn't the defense you're playing against dictate your play calling to some degree?
    You know I hate when you use logic...it just messes with everything
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    You know I hate when you use logic...it just messes with everything
    I may be alone in this, but on Sunday I thought we weren't running very well while the opposition was. I believe that if our defense hadn't held them to 3 field goals we would have lost that game. I am the first to admit I don't know anything about calling plays in the NFL, but if I had been Coughlin I would have been pass happy just to stay even with the Redskins.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am always saying don't abandon the run. But sometimes......
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-23-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I may be alone in this, but on Sunday I thought we weren't running very well while the opposition was. I believe that our the defense hadn't held them to 3 field goals we would have lost that game. I am the first to admit I don't know anything about calling plays in the NFL, but if I had been Coughlin I would have been pass happy just to stay even with the Redskins.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am always saying don't abandon the run. But sometimes......
    I won't say we were running well...but early in the game we seemed to be running effectively enough to keep their defense honest....We probably abandoned it too early.......honestly it is so much fun to watch eli and these receivers work...that sometimes i lose track of the run
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Banned
    I may be alone in this, but on Sunday I thought we weren't running very well while the opposition was. I believe that our the defense hadn't held them to 3 field goals we would have lost that game. I am the first to admit I don't know anything about calling plays in the NFL, but if I had been Coughlin I would have been pass happy just to stay even with the Redskins.

Like you, I readily admit that I am not qualified to call plays in NFL but I do think we gave up on the run a little too early yesterday. Ahmad Bradshaw was close a couple times to breaking one and when he gave Victor Cruz the little slap to the helmet it was because if VC had made the block on that play, AB would have gotten a bit more yards and may have taken that one to the house.

Eli checked out of several run plays because of the defense according to Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli checked out of several run plays because of the defense according to Marty B.

so Eli sucks right along with KG......

now I am seeing the whole picture....

I knew it....they should be 7-0 right now....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Eli was having an off day though, you could tell from the very begining. Everything was high. He missed Cruz on a few TDs too. And those INTs, the first was a high bad throw, the second was a misread. He just wasnt on his game.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Eli was having an off day though, you could tell from the very begining. Everything was high. He missed Cruz on a few TDs too. And those INTs, the first was a high bad throw, the second was a misread. He just wasnt on his game.
    he missed CRuz on a "few" TDs?????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch