+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Playing at home and cold weather

With two games left in the season, both of which being played in metlife stadium, I couldn't be any less confident in this teams ability to win. We seem to just be shooting ourselves in the leg. With second half collapses, the way our defense is playing, and the lack of enthusiasm or fire on the sideline, there are just too many elements against us. Yet amazingly, we still are in control of our destiny. So how did we throw todays game away?

Today was the first cold weather game that we've had to play. There was wind, and as can be seen by the dropped passes from nicks and cruz, the cold weather was making it difficult for us on offense. I'm well aware at how we've been running the ball this season, but to only give it to brandon and ahmad 18 times?!!? Between bradshaw and jacobs we averaged over 5 yards on the ground! The redskins ran the ball 39 times! I know that we played from behind through the entire game, but our first drive after Websters interception consisted of three incomplete passes.

We have lost four out of seven games at home so far this year. Metlife is a nightmare. There is talent on this team, but we need someone to step up and provide some leadership and intelligent decision making to allow our play makers to make plays. Bradshaw needs to carry the ball far more than he does. Our DBs need more freedom to make plays on the ball and not have these blanket schemes where they're getting lost in what coverage they're supposed to run. I just cant help but feel like we continue to put ourselves in a position to not succeed. The benching of prince is the one smart thing that we did today, our defense has been worse with him and played much better and gave up only one score with him on the sideline. We need to not continue to put ourselves in a place to lose.

Re: Playing at home and cold weather

cold has nothing to do with anything you mentioned

.........cold weather didn't effect the Skins at all today, don't know why we should use it as an excuse................unlessyou are suggesting that the cold weather make our DC's brain freeze so that he was unable to adjust to simple play action and underneath passes all day long. Grrrr!
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"].........cold weather didn't effect the Skins at all today, don't know why we should use it as an excuse................unless*you are suggesting that the cold weather make our DC's brain freeze so that he was unable to adjust to simple play action and underneath passes all day long. Grrrr![/quote]Fewell has a case of permanent brain freeze, and KG has a permanent case of numb nuts.

We Can't run the ball when the entire oline can't hold a 3 man rush. Ridiculous, I swear this oline is just garbage. ...the D was horrible on 3rd down. Every third and long the skins got a first down, and our D is so bad teams just go for it on 4th n short. D has no respect. I think the first Washington punt came in the 4th qtr. So frustrating....

The Giants lost when Nicks dropped that pass.He catches that I have no doubt the team gets energized and win that game. Plays like that are deflating .The Giants and there fans are now expecting this late in the season and once that hit the ground they got tight.The Giants areone of the morephysically talented football teams.There players on the average of NFL teams are bigger and faster. There is just something fundamentally wrong here that needs to be fixed

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The Giants lost when Nicks dropped that pass.He catches that I have no doubt the team gets energized and win that game. Plays like that are deflating .The Giants and there fans are now expecting this late in the season and once that hit the ground they got tight.The Giants are*one of the more*physically talented football teams.There players on the average of NFL teams are bigger and faster. There is just something fundamentally wrong here that needs to be fixed[/quote]

Right when the 1st quarter was over and they where going to one of the 3,000 commercial breaks I believe they had the camera on Bradshaw standing on the sideline and he looked defeated already. The bench looked defeated every time they showed them. This team has no heart and can't wait for the season to end so they can collect their millions and laugh at the fans while they take a 5 month break.

Bench Player

I was at the game with my son, first nfl game for the both of us. We were loud, crowd was loud. Piss Poor effort on offense and defense all around. Great to be there but dissapointed with the team. (Son 13 had a blast)!!!!!!

Ya know, if they ever cut the season to 8 games, TC would be one of the greatest coaches of all time.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="Kruunch"]Ya know, if they ever cut the season to 8 games, TC would be one of the greatest coaches of all time.[/quote]The thing is they didnt come out flat.The D forced 2 Turnovers. The plays were there.Gilbride made the right calls he cant make Nicks catch that ball.They got a bad break on the Cruz play.50% of the time thats PI.Dont know why they never get a home town call.Then Eli threw a bad pick 2 Ware and the game was over.