+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Step Aside Aaron, Tom, and Drew - Eli Manning Is The League's Best Quarterback

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...vfHMy67k3VzZjO

Excerpt: "By now, calling Eli Manning elite is like calling the late George Steinbrenner bossy, or Leona Helmsley the Queen of Mean. No need to insult our intelligence.

It is time to crown Eli Manning the King.

King Eli.

The King of NFL Quarterbacks.

If you are talking solely about pinpoint accuracy, then Aaron Rodgers has to be your man. Rodgers can sling it better than anyone and has seamlessly filled the giant shoes of Brett Favre. Cheeseheads will be quick to remind anyone with a New York bias that their A-Rod has far better mobility than King Eli as well. Fair enough.

Tom Brady, with his three rings (five if King Eli weren’t standing in his way), and Drew Brees, a record-breaking machine, deserve to be in any conversation. Gym rats with golden arms and superior leadership skills. And some precincts might vote for Peyton Manning, shaking off the rust the way he is following the four neck surgeries and a year away. Ben Roethlisberger, with his two rings, remains elite. Matt Ryan is making his elite move. Andrew Luck and RGIII are tomorrow’s elite.

Here’s how I judge them:" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"We appreciated Phil Simms more after he was gone.

Let’s appreciate King Eli while he’s here."

I have said this exact thing many times
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...vfHMy67k3VzZjO

Excerpt: "By now, calling Eli Manning elite is like calling the late George Steinbrenner bossy, or Leona Helmsley the Queen of Mean. No need to insult our intelligence.

It is time to crown Eli Manning the King.

King Eli.

The King of NFL Quarterbacks.

If you are talking solely about pinpoint accuracy, then Aaron Rodgers has to be your man. Rodgers can sling it better than anyone and has seamlessly filled the giant shoes of Brett Favre. Cheeseheads will be quick to remind anyone with a New York bias that their A-Rod has far better mobility than King Eli as well. Fair enough.

Tom Brady, with his three rings (five if King Eli weren’t standing in his way), and Drew Brees, a record-breaking machine, deserve to be in any conversation. Gym rats with golden arms and superior leadership skills. And some precincts might vote for Peyton Manning, shaking off the rust the way he is following the four neck surgeries and a year away. Ben Roethlisberger, with his two rings, remains elite. Matt Ryan is making his elite move. Andrew Luck and RGIII are tomorrow’s elite.

Here’s how I judge them:" Read more...
    this is a very good article with great points. I still think brady and rodgers are a head of Eli but I could understand why you could make the case for Eli being number 1.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-24-2012 at 09:25 AM.

I know some Giants fans still have a hard time putting him as #1, but if/when he wins this year there will be no doubt left.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I know some Giants fans still have a hard time putting him as #1, but if/when he wins this year there will be no doubt left.
    +1 If he wins again then there is no choice but to put him as 1.

who the best QB in the league is , is a debatable matter of opinion.
    what's not debatable is the fact that he is real good and has served
    the giants very well.
    the time will come when Eli is gone and you younger fans will feel
    the anguish of not having a viable replacement.like us older fans
    had no-one between fran and phil and between phil and eli.

enjoy him while we can , you have no idea how good we have it right now.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

That he is now legitimately in the discussion for "best in the league" establishes him as a truly rare talent.
    .........and when you look at the list, one can't deny that he belongs there.
    No one remembers who came in second.

For the same reason Joe Montana was my #1 ranked QB for decades, Eli has supplanted him.

Stats, presence, mechanics and media savvy are all well and good but you simply cannot replace consistent clutch performances.

Joe Cool has been replaced by Eli Money.