+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NHL: New York Islanders Moving to Brooklyn in 2015

NHL: New York Islanders Moving to Brooklyn in 2015

@TSNBobMcKenzie:
    New York Islanders will indeed be moving to Brooklyn, NY, upon expiry of lease on Long Island.

This is pretty awesome actually. As much as I hate the Islanders (I'm a Ranger fan), this is cool for people in Brooklyn. I can finally take a 10 minutes train ride to go see the Islanders play a team that I enjoy other than the Rangers and probably for cheap....

kinda sad for LI though...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Why is it sad for LI?

1) Many didn't go to the games
    2) No one wanted to help fund the development of the new project.

Not that sad for the LI residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Why is it sad for LI?

1) Many didn't go to the games
    2) No one wanted to help fund the development of the new project.

Not that sad for the LI residents.
    Very short-sighted thinking IMO. Besides the islanders, the Nassau Coliseum hosted concerts, circus', and other events. The revenue and jobs created from those events off set some of the taxes. Without that the taxes in Nassau will go up higher than having a new arena built

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Very short-sighted thinking IMO. Besides the islanders, the Nassau Coliseum hosted concerts, circus', and other events. The revenue and jobs created from those events off set some of the taxes. Without that the taxes in Nassau will go up higher than having a new arena built

Then why are the Islanders the only one being spoken about in terms of giving more life to the Coliseum?

I can't feel bad for Islander fans if they don't care about the situation, simple as that.

Nassau Coliseum is a **** hole....No offense to any Islander fans but you cannot deny that truth. If Brooklyn can take away one of New Jersey's few professional teams then Long Islanders can deal with it too.

Brooklyn is an up and coming city.... They see the $$$ signs

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Then why are the Islanders the only one being spoken about in terms of giving more life to the Coliseum?

I can't feel bad for Islander fans if they don't care about the situation, simple as that.
    Because the Islanders were the main tennant. 41 games there a year = bigger money

And your argument about nobody went to the games does not mean they don't have fans. The team has not had a great free agent signing or been appealing for FA's for quite some time, mostly due to the Coliseum. If they had a more attractive arena to play in, FA's would have come and help the team win. Wins bring in the fans. This new arena should attract some new players and improve the team, which will increase attendance. I just wish it could have been done at the former site, but at least it will happen now.

Don't agree with me? Ask the Jets fans how they will feel when their games get blacked out because they can't fill a building. Doesn't mean they don't have fans or nobody cares. It's the quality of the product on the field/ice.

Nassau and the Town of Hempstead pols screwed the pooch. I love the Isles and am glad they got to go to a new arena. Saw Jay-Z at Barclay's, but can't tell how it will be for hockey. The arena tho itelf was quite nice.

Let's Go Islanders!

Now, if they could only solve that CBA problem....
    Last edited by Easy E.; 10-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Islander Fans did not shoot down the new coliseum, ******ed people who live in nassau county shot it down. They saw that their taxes would go up for like one or two years in order to help pay for the new building and freaked out. Even though the revenue from the new building would in no time have brought more revenue to the area and allowed taxes to drop after that. Also, it would have created jobs. This has nothing to do with isles fans, and everything to do with short-sighted residents of nassau county.

+ Reply to Thread