+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coughlin: Giants "Didn't Deserve To Win" Season Opener

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/2...-season-opener

Excerpt: "New York Giants' coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday that the Giants "didn't play as well as we hoped to play" in a season-opening loss to the Dallas Cowboys and "didn't deserve to win."

Coughlin is probably right about that. The Giants get there chance to atone for that Sunday when they travel to Dallas, where Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones has promised fans that the Giants are in for a butt-kicking.

The Giants enter the game 5-2 and leading the NFC East. Dallas is 3-3.

[Full Coughlin press conference]" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

We definitely didn't deserve to win. We couldn't stop De Marco Murray in the second half. We couldn't sack or really pressure Romo all game. We sure as hell couldn't cover Ogletree.

AND...Cruz couldn't catch, Nicks wasn't healthy and couldn't get open (he still isn't), our line was bad, our running game was bad.

All of that being said, we were one 3rd and LONG away from giving Eli a chance to do what he does best. Our defense just couldn't get the job done on 3rd and 23.

I hope this week we learned to COVER A SLANT!

Coughlin is right......couldn't stop the slant the entire game.....made Ogletree look like Megatron.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

thats his motivational talk for this week....
    they just didnt deserve it last time......so now make up for it....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats his motivational talk for this week....
    they just didnt deserve it last time......so now make up for it....
    I'm motivated....You?

I agree. We had opportunities but we just didn't connect. Lets not make up excuses like other teams do that they beat themselves rather than lose.

We gotta take accountability.
    Victor Cruz was awful that game.. after that, he's been great.

I think this is another must win game b/c of our schedule after bye.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    I'm motivated....You?
    yep....hate Dallas.....
    want them to kick their asses....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

We certainly didn't.......now lets make Jerry give refunds to all the fans that are going to try and watch us get our a## kicked this sunday

got manhandled all day, and couldn't stop them on a gift 3rd and long at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    We definitely didn't deserve to win. We couldn't stop De Marco Murray in the second half. We couldn't sack or really pressure Romo all game. We sure as hell couldn't cover Ogletree.

AND...Cruz couldn't catch, Nicks wasn't healthy and couldn't get open (he still isn't), our line was bad, our running game was bad.

All of that being said, we were one 3rd and LONG away from giving Eli a chance to do what he does best. Our defense just couldn't get the job done on 3rd and 23.

I hope this week we learned to COVER A SLANT!
    Yes it was very upsetting we couldnt hold them on 3rd and 23. I figured here it comes. we stop em and eli does what he does best and gets us to OT. but overall I agree, we didnt deserve to win that. JJ called it and said they would beat us and they did.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***