+ Reply to Thread

I think Coughlins Spiel after Wins Hurts Us

I have been thinking about it, and no one seemed to notice this but I have.

When this team wins, they all act like the won the Super Bowl afterwards.

Yes, its awesome to win, and you want to be pleased. But with this team, its like every win they act like they won the Super Bowl.

You want the team to be even keel, collected after wins AND losses.

This is part of the reason the Giants are so up and down.

We win, its like they won the Super Bowl in the locker room.
    We lose, its like the entire teams family died in a plane crash (sorry not to offend anyone just using it as an effect. I apologize if anyone lost some one in a plane crash)

Win or lose, act like you've been there before so there isnt this huge up and down week in week out mentality.

just my opinion, anyone notice this? And yes i love watching the post game celebrations, but it always stuck out to me. i know every team has a celebration but other teams coaches usually have a "ok guys great win lets keep this up and work hard and focus get back to work"

with us "lets thank god we won the super bowl"

eh i dunno...just trying to find a reason for this horrible up and down mentality

Re: I think Coughlins Spiel after Wins Hurts Us

Agreed. Everything about this team is so polar opposite, everythings black and white (lol).

I'd like some consistency, outside of being consistently inconsistent.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]I have been thinking about it, and no one seemed to notice this but I have.

Yes, its awesome to win, and you want to be pleased. But with this team, its like every win they act like they won the Super Bowl.

We lose, its like the entire teams family died in a plane crash (sorry not to offend anyone just using it as an effect. I apologize if anyone lost some one in a plane crash)

Win or lose, act like you've been there before so there isnt this huge up and down week in week out mentality.

just my opinion, anyone notice this? And yes i love watching the post game celebrations, but it always stuck out to me. i know every team has a celebration but other teams coaches usually have a "ok guys great win lets keep this up and work hard and focus get back to work"

eh i dunno...just trying to find a reason for this horrible up and down mentality[/quote]

Did you see any champagne bottles or commemorative t shirts anywhere that i didnt? I think you see just as large if not larger "celebrations" every week from all teams. I think you're reaching.

I don't think that matters. What does matter is beating the other guy physically. The Giants have not done that much this year. The D-line got pushed around today and put on very little pressure. The LB's never make a big play. Other than Webster no one is the secondary makes a play on the ball. On offense the line does not open holes consistently and Eli has been under pressure most of the year. The Giants WR's lead the NFL in drops. This team is what it is - a .500 team.

[quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="giantsfan420"]I have been thinking about it, and no one seemed to notice this but I have.

eh i dunno...just trying to find a reason for this horrible up and down mentality[/quote]

Did you see any champagne bottles or commemorative t shirts anywhere that i didnt? I think you see just as large if not larger "celebrations" every week from all teams. I think you're reaching.[/quote]

ur right, i saw winning teams today hoist there coach up on there shoulders in the locker room...

theres a mentality to this team that is not right. when we win, its over the top and its the same when we lose. we lost today and players are infighting with each other...

this mentality we display, u think that its going on after wins or losses in locker rooms of Pitt, NE, etc.? seriously question that...do u think the top teams in the league act like every win is there first one? like every loss is there first one? bc we sure do.

attitude reflects leadership, and coughlin is the guy whose supposed to be in charge of things like this...i know it feels good to win and he loves his players showing him admiration, but is there any doubt that the reaction to beating NE in the locker room was followed by 5 losses out of 6 games?/ think about that...
    the NE win was like a SB win for the team and our play following that game supports it

this makes sense, you want the team to realize they arent done yet becuase they won a big game like the boys for example.

good point

our guys waltzed in like the skins were going to play dead and give them an easy one.

We don't have a team. We have pieces.

This is what you call an emotional let down. It happens all the time in the NFL and seems to happen to the Giants a lot, especially this season.

They put all their effort and emotion in the Patriots game and what happened the week after? They laid an egg for the next three games.

They put it all on the field against Dallas last week, they laid an egg against the Redskins. Hopefully this is the only egg they lay and it's not another start to a 3 game skid.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]I have been thinking about it, and no one seemed to notice this but I have. When this team wins, they all act like the won the Super Bowl afterwards. Yes, its awesome to win, and you want to be pleased. But with this team, its like every win they act like they won the Super Bowl. You want the team to be even keel, collected after wins AND losses. This is part of the reason the Giants are so up and down. We win, its like they won the Super Bowl in the locker room. We lose, its like the entire teams family died in a plane crash (sorry not to offend anyone just using it as an effect. I apologize if anyone lost some one in a plane crash) Win or lose, act like you've been there before so there isnt this huge up and down week in week out mentality. just my opinion, anyone notice this? And yes i love watching the post game celebrations, but it always stuck out to me. i know every team has a celebration but other teams coaches usually have a "ok guys great win lets keep this up and work hard and focus get back to work" with us "lets thank god we won the super bowl" eh i dunno...just trying to find a reason for this horrible up and down mentality[/quote]

from a roster leadership standpoint, this is a very immature team.

they play like kids, not like professionals.

the get too up after wins, and too down after losses.