+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumbest fantasy football move(s) you ever made?

Dumbest fantasy football move(s) you ever made?

1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.

Anyone else?

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.

Anyone else?
    Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.
    Get well soon 80.

Cut Alfred Morris a day before the season started lol

I'm still in first place, but I would have been much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.
    Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead
    I hope you're feeling the love Kase. I'm there for ya....
    Get well soon 80.

Drafted Philip Rivers with Aaron Rogers still on the board last season. I thought that Rivers was going to have a monster year.

The guy that drafted Rogers won the league. I did not.

Banned
    This an ALMOST...
    I offered a trade 2 years ago where I wulda given up McCoy for Boldin.
    Week 4 and I was a tad thin in the WR position.
    McCoy at the time was #9 RB and Boldin was #9 WR.
    Guy wuldnt do it unless i threw in another top 15 RB which I thought was insane so didnt do it.
    Season ended with McCoy in the top 3 and Boldin didnt even crack the top 40.
    Thank God he didnt pull that trigger.

+ Reply to Thread