+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nicks Finally Feels Like Himself Again

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-himself-again

Excerpt: "
    Hakeem Nicks just hasn’t looked like his old self since he added a knee injury to his injured foot in Week 2. But on Wednesday at practice, he finally felt that way, setting the tone for what he predicts “will be a great week for me.”

“I’m a lot healthier now,’ Nicks said. “I feel like I finally got over the little hump. I feel like I got back to myself a little bit. I feel like I was getting in and out of my routes and having that full confidence back.”

Nicks hasn’t been bad since he returned to the lineup two weeks ago after missing there games with his injuries. But in those two games he’s only caught eight passes for 97 yards – a huge drop from the 10 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown he had back in Week 2 in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    That's great news. He really didn't look to good against the 49ers but I thought he looked a little better last week. It does seem what he said has come true. That every week he feels it getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    That's great news. He really didn't look to good against the 49ers but I thought he looked a little better last week. It does seem what he said has come true. That every week he feels it getting better.
    Yes, and it's really good news that playing hurt hasn't set him back
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

People often talk about how often Nicks seems to be injured, and I agree that it's frustrating. But I'll give him credit for being able to play through pain, and more importantly, managing his injuries and limiting setbacks. People forget that he's had hamstring problems in the past, and those often last a career.

even when he plays hurt he put like 3 for 50 or somehting like that and one of those 3 receptions are usually a critcle 3rd down.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    even when he plays hurt he put like 3 for 50 or somehting like that and one of those 3 receptions are usually a critcle 3rd down.
    +1

# 80

I think Nicks needs to 100% to go up against claiborne. He is turning into a premier cb and he's a rookie, with the arrogance of that and being a cowboy he'll play even stronger vs Nicks ( 1st receiver on the champion team who also division rival. ) . I have no doubt he can produce vs claiborne but only if he is healthy enough to go full strength and speed.

How ever thought with Sean Lee out Bennett should come up big vs his old team

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-himself-again

Excerpt: "
    Hakeem Nicks just hasn’t looked like his old self since he added a knee injury to his injured foot in Week 2. But on Wednesday at practice, he finally felt that way, setting the tone for what he predicts “will be a great week for me.”

“I’m a lot healthier now,’ Nicks said. “I feel like I finally got over the little hump. I feel like I got back to myself a little bit. I feel like I was getting in and out of my routes and having that full confidence back.”

Nicks hasn’t been bad since he returned to the lineup two weeks ago after missing there games with his injuries. But in those two games he’s only caught eight passes for 97 yards – a huge drop from the 10 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown he had back in Week 2 in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." Read more...
    Hopefully this improves his production on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    I think Nicks needs to 100% to go up against claiborne. He is turning into a premier cb and he's a rookie, with the arrogance of that and being a cowboy he'll play even stronger vs Nicks ( 1st receiver on the champion team who also division rival. ) . I have no doubt he can produce vs claiborne but only if he is healthy enough to go full strength and speed.

How ever thought with Sean Lee out Bennett should come up big vs his old team
    Claiborne has been alright. Nothing that amazing yet.

but I hope you are right about Bennett. That would be awesome for him to put up a clinic on the Cowboys. They would probably lose their minds lol.

If Nicks said it, He means it. He will be just fine, and get back to his old self kicking butt and making plays.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"