+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Antrelle Rolle needs to go - he talks a great game, but is invisible when it counts.

We made him the highest paid safety in NFL history when we signed him, and he has been nothing but a true disappointment.

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost. Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

Couple his poor play with the fact that he runs his mouth more than any GIANT I ever remember and he becomes an embarrassment.

He HAS to go. He is not worth it in any way shape or form.

Veteran

Re: Antrelle Rolle needs to go - he talks a great game, but is invisible when it counts.

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]We made him the highest paid safety in NFL history when we signed him, and he has been nothing but a true disappointment.

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost.* Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

Couple his poor play with the fact that he runs his mouth more than any GIANT I ever remember and he becomes an embarrassment.

He HAS to go.* He is not worth it in any way shape or form.
    [/quote]

Totally agree. Put Canty in that category as well.

Re: Antrelle Rolle needs to go - he talks a great game, but is invisible when it counts.

Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...

[quote user="slipknottin"]Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...[/quote]

I'd much rather have a smart player who doesn't talk.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...[/quote]

Sorry, I just don't see it. He is not a playmaker or game changer in any sense of the word. He does not get INTs, he cannot cover, he misses a lot of tackles.

He is either a bad fit here in this scheme, or he just isn't that good.

He has been a huge, huge disappointment here as far as I am concerned.

And while Canty never should have been paid what he was paid, but he is at least decent in my book. Rolle is a waste of money right now.

Rolle is all talk no action but hey he gets the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

I just ignore everything the players say anyway, because it doesn't mean anything in terms of wins or losses.

I think this defense would be significantly worse without Rolle.

Veteran

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="slipknottin"]Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...[/quote]

Sorry, I just don't see it. He is not a playmaker or game changer in any sense of the word. He does not get INTs, he cannot cover, he misses a lot of tackles.

And while Canty never should have been paid what he was paid, but he is at least decent in my book. Rolle is a waste of money right now.
    [/quote]

When I criticize Reese.....this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I love getting lectures from people indicating I don't understand how the cap works.

I understand enough to know that when a GM overpays for a loudmouthed underachiever, it affects the chemistry of the team, the talent of the team, and the ability to make other free agent moves.

Rolle, Canty, Bernard, Baas.....the beat goes on.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="slipknottin"]Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...[/quote]

[/quote]

When I criticize Reese.....this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I love getting lectures from people indicating I don't understand how the cap works.

I understand enough to know that when a GM overpays for a loudmouthed underachiever, it affects the chemistry of the team, the talent of the team, and the ability to make other free agent moves.

Rolle, Canty, Bernard, Baas.....the beat goes on.

[/quote]

Reese can legitimately be taken to task on this one. This was a real
    bad signing. Not only is Rolle not worth the Money, he is not even
    that good of a player as far as I am concerned.

Let's see what happens with Baas. Baas is a good player. Canty has played a lot better this year. But Rolle really is hurting us. He is not good.

Never liked this signing.I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the NFL and he hasnt changed my mind