+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Beckum Dilemma

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...sion-on-beckum

Well it is time for the Giants to decide if they activate Beckum off the PUP list. They have three weeks to make a decision. The questions are: 1) Is he healthy enough to be activated? 2) Who do you get rid of to make him a spot and 3) Do you break up the current chemistry by trying to bring him back?

Right now the team is contemplating the use of Diehl as a reserve tight end in the jumbo packages but you also have Pascoe. Does Beckum even warrant a spot or should he be moved to the season ending IR or be cut outright?

unless someone gets hurt, specifically a TE, then i think we simply IR him ... a lot of PUPers end up getting IRed ... PUP just gives you a little time to decide

also, remember Will Hill is 2 games into a 4 game suspension, so we need a spot for him

Beckum signed a 4 year deal in 2009, so that would expire 6/2013, but since he has not produced, i cant see him having much value around the league, so we might still see him in camp next season competing for a spot
    Last edited by GMan-67; 10-27-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.
    wow your still obsessed with Clint Sintum???, really??? time to move on dude

and that draft class is turning out to be very solid ... i know that is killing you and the BUST gang, but always remember the 3 year rule on judging draft classes
    Apologize to Melo 5

Either IR or released
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.
    Maybe less lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Can he tackle on STs?

Maybe the intermediate IR?

isn't Bennet only under contract for this year ?
    if that is the case ; somebody is gonna want to pay him.
    we can't give everybody on the offense 5 mil per year.

so Beckum will get IR'd for now but ultimately it will
    depend on what they do with Bennet.

please feel free to confirm/deny that ....just thought Bennet was only a 1 yr deal.

and yes CS ; i'm a margin' jumpin' stanza stomper too !!
    Last edited by stormblue; 10-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

I wouldn't call deciding what date to cut him or put him on IR a dilemma.
    No one remembers who came in second.