+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brown Providing Depth In Secondary

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...saE8hW5JQpVImL

Excerpt: "This past offseason, free agent safety Stevie Brown visited the Giants, meeting with team executives, coaches and players. They all made an impression on him of authenticity, camaraderie and singular focus.

“Everybody seemed genuine and everybody had each other’s back and everybody had one goal, and that was to win,” Brown recalled yesterday. “That’s why I wanted to come here.”

Brown likely will start his fourth straight game at strong safety for the Giants tomorrow, and he will be looking to stay perfect — Big Blue are 4-0 in Brown’s four starts. The under-the-radar acquisition, designed to provide safety depth behind starters Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips, has been superb since replacing the injured Phillips in Week 5. The Giants have beaten the Browns, 49ers and Redskins, and Brown has helped deliver three turnovers during the stretch.

Against Cleveland, he intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble. Then against Washington, he picked off another pass. Each of his interception returns have been for at least 40 yards.

“He has really come through for us in a big way,” coach Tom Coughlin said after last Sunday’s 27-23 victory over the Redskins. “Stevie finds the ball or the ball finds him, one way or the other.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

A very pleasant surprise
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    A very pleasant surprise
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    +1
    I think referring to him as "depth" understates his ability and impact.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We might have picked him up for depth but he's playing like a starter! I love surprises like that!

Certainly has been doing an excellent job for us. Makes you forget about Grant and he was a heckofa player!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Certainly has been doing an excellent job for us. Makes you forget about Grant and he was a heckofa player!!
    Yeah Grant did a lot of good things for this team, I think teaching the new guys was his best attribute. He made great plays but now we have a younger, faster guy in here making all sorts of plays! Right place, right time.. thats why you study the film.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think referring to him as "depth" understates his ability and impact.
    Probably in deference to KP, but i don't disagree

can't wait till KP gets healthy it's only gonna boost our secondary even more. The secondary might actually turn into a strong point as the season progresses once everyones good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Probably in deference to KP, but i don't disagree
    Yep, I kinda knew that but was just standing up for the job he's done for us. "Depth" to me is like DJ Ware. lol
    No one remembers who came in second.