+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Defensive Line Looking To Counter Tony Romo's Quick Release

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "The Giants’ defensive line left MetLife Stadium on Sept. 5 a frustrated group. The defense had registered just two sacks on quarterback Tony Romo, unable to solve the Cowboys’ plan of having Romo get rid of the football as quickly as possible.

Osi Umenyiora wasn’t surprised the pass rush was neutralized, and believes it had to do more with the Giants’ failure to react than the Cowboys’ execution.

“Anybody can neutralize us if they execute that game plan,” said Umenyiora, who has three sacks this season. “I mean, it’s easy, if you’re going to throw the ball in one second, nobody’s going get there.

``That’s just the way it is. So we weren’t surprised. It might have looked like that on tape, but when we looked at it on tape, we saw what they were doing, and hopefully we can counteract that this week.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Strong push up the middle and hands up by former Cowboy Canty will make everything all right. Remember Canty wasn't there the first game.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Strong push up the middle and hands up by former Cowboy Canty will make everything all right. Remember Canty wasn't there the first game.
    That with a little press coverage could do the trick!

I can see our Dline, compressing the pocket, throwing hands up to knock down passes and continuing to play press coverage like we have been a lot lately. Should do the trick.

“I never try to be something I'm not,”

Eli Manning