+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    I Guess Chase is today's Antonio Pierce

    Most fans were on Pierce for the same defects they see in Blackburn.

    Funny, this article basically tips the hat to what made Antonio hang in there at MLB despite his defects.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._on_chase.html


    I've been thinking this for awhile but haven't bothered to post about it.

    What do YOU think?

  2. #2
    Antonio Pierce was like having another coach on the field, the guy spent hours in the film room and studying opponents. The last two years of his career you could see that his speed was not what it once was. But like Blackburn he used his football intelligence to overcome his deficiencies. Who would have thought an undrafted kid from Akron would be playing his 8th season in the NFL?

  3. #3
    Ummmm, It's looking like some of the noobier posts about Blackburn being a huge jolt to the defense last season had some merit. It seems that when members of this board were being berated for their clamoring for the return of Chase Blackburn, mambers of the NYG linebacker corps were clamoring for the same thing according to Micheal Boley:

    Boley said he wanted Blackburn back last season before the Giants finally reached out, and he wasn’t alone.

    “I bet you can ask anybody who was here, that was probably one of the biggest surprises of last season that Chase wasn’t on the roster,” linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka said. “I mean, he was a special teams captain three years in a row. He comes early, he stays late, he’s a good athlete, and he’s always been prepared to make plays.”
    Interesting. Does this mean that its possible the WR corps want Plax and SS12 back as well? God I hope not....

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Interesting. Does this mean that its possible the WR corps want Plax and SS12 back as well? God I hope not....
    Seriously? Why would you even think that. I'm curious about what you're logic/reasoning is behind that thought lol.

    Nicks and Cruz weren't even in the NFL when Plax was on our roster. Most of our WRs never knew either of those guys as teammates. The exceptions are probably Nicks (who played when Smith was here) and Hixon (who played while we had both Smith and Plax).

    My point: You're probably the only dude on the planet thinking about it.

  5. #5
    Pierce was far smaller and slower than Blackburn.........I used to go crazy watching Jason Whitten catching ball after ball with PIerce 2 steps behind him and not even flayling his arms to try and stop the pass.......it was infuriating

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Seriously? Why would you even think that. I'm curious about what you're logic/reasoning is behind that thought lol.

    Nicks and Cruz weren't even in the NFL when Plax was on our roster. Most of our WRs never knew either of those guys as teammates. The exceptions are probably Nicks (who played when Smith was here) and Hixon (who played while we had both Smith and Plax).

    My point: You're probably the only dude on the planet thinking about it.
    The last bit was just a joke, I will try to ring a bell in the future so everyone knows its a joke.....

    I was just pointing out the irony that the posters on this message noard that always whine "WE WANT ________ BACK!! REESE YOU IMGRATE!!!!" were on the same page as the players in the case of Blackburn. If anything that very notion scares the **** out of me.

  7. #7
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    25
    A lot of people were predicting Chase would lose his job to Herzlich by mid season, but here we are going into week 8 and Chase keeps making big plays. Not to mention he is our most solid run-stopping linebacker, I think he is a better tackler than Kiwi.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    The last bit was just a joke, I will try to ring a bell in the future so everyone knows its a joke.....

    I was just pointing out the irony that the posters on this message noard that always whine "WE WANT ________ BACK!! REESE YOU IMGRATE!!!!" were on the same page as the players in the case of Blackburn. If anything that very notion scares the **** out of me.
    lol got it bro.

  9. #9
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,278
    Totally different players.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  10. #10
    It would make sense being that Blackburn spent alot of years under Pierce. Even though I think Pierce was the better player...Blackburn just has a knack for being around the ball, getting int's and timely fumbles. He might not be the most athletic but I'll take a player who makes plays over a athlete who doesn't. Cant coach instincts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts