+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sunday Morning Quarterback: Eight years later, NY Giants' Eli Manning is still No. 1

Ernie Accorsi was prepared to take Ben Roethlisberger with the fourth pick in the 2004 draft until Chargers general manager A.J. Smith finally called one hour after San Diego had selected Eli Manning first overall, and then, after weeks of speculation, traded him to the Giants.
    So, 8 1/2 years into their careers, who would you rather have: Eli or Big Ben?
    This becomes relevant again because the Steelers play at MetLife Stadium next Sunday against the Giants, the third time Manning and Roethlisberger will face each other. Big Ben won in 2004 at Giants Stadium; Manning won in 2008 in Pittsburgh.
    My answer: Clearly Manning.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2AXh4Q52Y
    Giants fan since '58

How many times has Big Ben been injured?

Having a chili cookoff at my house with my Steeler fan friends.....last time we did this was when the Giants beat the Steelers in Pitt. My chili won then too!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

I want some chili!

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Having a chili cookoff at my house with my Steeler fan friends.....last time we did this was when the Giants beat the Steelers in Pitt. My chili won then too!!
    That was one of the best regular season Giant games in recent history . . . . 2 excellent teams going toe-to-toe

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    That was one of the best regular season Giant games in recent history . . . . 2 excellent teams going toe-to-toe
    Yeah.....we learned our lesson with that one......there will be no kids at this party!!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Yeah.....we learned our lesson with that one......there will be no kids at this party!!!
    LOL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL
    Yeah....I don't get invited to Giants game parties much anymore. Not a good house guest if the game is close.

i think the giants are in the same spot they're in with big ben, they're both very clutch football players

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by blueNorange View Post
    i think the giants are in the same spot they're in with big ben, they're both very clutch football players
    I can see why you would say this. And not that it is a wrong opinion, I think big ben would not have thrived in the giants or rather gildbride offense.
    Eli is just more of the prototypical old school pocket passer, not taking away from what big ben does, i just feel from what limited i have saw of him; he can be a tad bit reckless with his decision making.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …